PDA

View Full Version : Dear MIL

k_null81
09-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Why ask me what I want or if I want something if you are going to do the complete opposite or get it anyways????

Examples-

My MIL asked a couple times as to what I wanted embroidered on burp cloths for the boys before they were born and at first I told her I didn't care but I guess that wasn't good enough so I then gave her a couple of suggestions. Did she do a single one of my suggestions? NOPE!

More recently she had a church member at her church ask if we would be interested in 2 exersaucers, 2 snugride car seats, and some boy clothes. My response was we would like the 2 exersaucers since we don't have any yet but we weren't interested in anymore clothes or the snugrides. So what does she tell my husband after he told her we wanted the exercausers and that was it. Well I think I'm going to ask for the clothes anyways and get the car seats for myself! My thought is we have more then enough clothes for the boys to last awhile and she really has no need for the car seats so why not donate the clothes and the car seats to someone who is in need of these items. She is soo greedy. She has no need for the car seats or clothes. Knowing her she will probably resell the items and keep the money.

I appreciate her looking out for us to some extent but this is just getting irritating! I would just rather all these items be donated to a family or single mother in need especially when we already have these items. If they would of offered the car seats several months ago before the boys were born I probably would have taken them.

That felt good to put it in writing and venting it. Now I wish I could say this to her face.

neobunny
09-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Why don't you tell her you want the clothes & the carseats, & then donate then to someone yourself? That's what I would do. If you don't know anyone personally do give them to then ask if the Red Cross & some other organization would want it.