PDA

View Full Version : Philly Moms - Florist Recommendation

NewMom2007
09-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I need to send flowers or a plant to someone in Philadelphia and would like to find a good local florist. I looked at several online florists and many have delays in delivery - I can order today and get it delivered mid-next week. Hoping to get something sent to the new parents tomorrow or Saturday.

Any recommendations?

Thank you!

hollybloom24
09-03-2009, 05:35 PM
In cities I am unfamiliar with I always call a nice hotel (Four Seasons or Ritz) and ask the concierge who the hotel suggests.

NewMom2007
09-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the idea! I called the hotel where they are staying, but calling the Ritz (or similar) is next.

karenj2
09-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Are you talking about Philly proper (the city) or the 'burbs? I live out in the burbs and could recommend a few places, but if they're in the city I'm no help...

NewMom2007
09-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Philly proper - they are at a hotel in town. I'm not sure how far out you are, but maybe some of the shops in the burbs will deliver....I'll call them if you want to pass along the shops. Thanks!

karenj2
09-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Well, I live out in the boonies area of the 'burbs, so where I'd recommend won't deliver all the way into the city (I'm an hour away). However, there's a place a bit closer to the city called Flowers By Priscilla (Toll Free: 800-300-1919 Local: 610-644-1919) that did my flowers for my wedding, and she has been the top rated florist on the "Main Line" for years!! I checked her site, but it doesn't give a good idea of where her delivery range is. (The site is: www.flowersbypriscilla.net)

Also, if you do Google maps, do a search for a florist near their hotel - I've found some GREAT florists that don't have websites; just call them and order your flowers... (The plus is that the flower arrangements aren't limited to the FTD style.)

Good luck!