PDA

View Full Version : Kid Tattoos?

happi
09-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Help, where do you find those tatoos? Can you get them at Wal-mart, if so what part of the store would they be in?
Thanks
Happi

SnuggleBuggles
09-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Only been in a Wal-Mart once in my life so I can't help you there. :)

But, I have seen them at party supply stores.

Beth

brittone2
09-03-2009, 03:15 PM
We've gotten ones that come in small "books" at places like Learning Express and Indy toy stores. I was just looking at some at LE the other night because we usually pick some up for our Advent calendar, etc. every year. My kids like wearing the holiday themed ones on their cheeks for the local holiday parade :)

AC Moore and Cracker Barrel sell the same style of sticker books (they are these small ones...4x6 inches or so roughly? I think mostly by Dover?) but I'm not sure if they carry the actual tattoos.

The books we see look like this:
http://www.butterflybuzz.com/page/712862
http://www.reuels.com/reuels/Books_Dover_Tattoos_For_Kids.html

I don't usually see that extensive of a collection, but there are usually a few tattoo "books" mixed in w/ the other small sticker books on display.

calv
09-03-2009, 03:32 PM
often you can find them in the $1 section @ target

LarsMal
09-03-2009, 03:35 PM
My kids always manage to find them when we're out shopping, so a lot of places sell them!!

Target should have them. The party stores (Party City) has them, too. We were there last week getting stuff for DS's birthday and they pretty much had them to go along with every party theme they had available.

mominma
09-03-2009, 04:39 PM
The best kid tattoos we have ever used are at Target. I believe they are with the craft items. The come in a book with a black cover and it says OVER 500 Tattoos. They are made by Color Zone. They have 2 design books, one is geared more towards a boy and the other is more geared for a girl.

Sillygirl
09-03-2009, 04:53 PM
:pHere's what you're looking for:

http://peopleofwalmart.com/?p=100

baymom
09-03-2009, 04:56 PM
They have them at Walgreen's also. I've only bought them seasonally from there, so they have been in the 'holiday' isle--ex. Halloween, Easter, ect--near stickers and candy. You get about 30-40 for $1.00!

infomama
09-03-2009, 05:05 PM
http://www.tattoosfortots.com/index.htm

calv
09-03-2009, 05:20 PM
The best kid tattoos we have ever used are at Target. I believe they are with the craft items. The come in a book with a black cover and it says OVER 500 Tattoos. They are made by Color Zone. They have 2 design books, one is geared more towards a boy and the other is more geared for a girl.

tell me more about these. how much is a book? and is it in the crayola isle? is that what you mean by crafts?

TahliasMom
09-03-2009, 06:12 PM
check the $1 bins at Target. we got ariel, dora and boots, etc. changes with season.

mominma
09-03-2009, 06:23 PM
tell me more about these. how much is a book? and is it in the crayola isle? is that what you mean by crafts?

Yes, usually in the Crayola aisle. I believe they are either $3.99 a book or $5.99. Just an FYI these tattoo stay on for a least a week without peeling. I have found if I use rubbing alcohol it will come off sooner.

kransden
09-03-2009, 09:58 PM
They have them out during Halloween to give out instead of candy. They were very popular.

vludmilla
09-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Can anyone tell me what the temporary tattoos are made of? I can't help bu think there could be some very undesirable chemicals in them but maybe they are just fine...

calv
09-04-2009, 03:44 PM
thanks! got one of the books at target. Over 500 tats for $3. can't beat that :D

so they tatoos really stay on even through bathtime?

maestramommy
09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
on a great tip I found them at a party store. Also at the Dollar Tree. But I've found nicer ones at the A.C Moore, so check your craft stores.

And yes, they will stay on for 2-3 baths, depending on quality.

Globetrotter
09-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I was excited to find Mr. Men tattos at Target. however, upon closer inspection, I saw a warning label on them. I can't remember the details, but I decided then to use them as stickers.