PDA

View Full Version : Play kitchen help

mom2224
09-03-2009, 05:08 PM
What are your opinions on these 2 play kitchens? Any and all ideas/input are greatly appreciated. TIA!

Kid Kraft Silver Retro
http://playkitchensguide.com/reviews/kidkraft-silver-retro-kitchen

Ikea Mini Kitchen
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70129801

clb
09-04-2009, 02:21 PM
DS will be 2 soon. We have the Ikea kitchen with the hutch. For accessories, he has the M&D cutting food, a tea set, counting cookies and some random tupperware from our kitchen. He bakes cookies, serves tea, cuts the cutting food, makes soup with the cutting food, washing dishes, etc.

I like that the ikea kitchen has plenty of room to store all of his kitchen accessories. Some of the plastic kitchen don't seem to have enough storage room.

The kid craft kitchen is very cute. From the picture it looks similar but with more style. My only concern with it is that there isn't a flat surface for the child to use. DS uses stove top or the flat part next to the kitchen set to set up his cutting board and prepare/plate the food.

We haven't had it long enough to comment on how well it will hold up. I did notice that the plastic stove top on the display was VERY scratched up. For this reason we left on the protective film that came on it and intend to get some clear laminate to put over it.

Melaine
09-04-2009, 04:26 PM
plenty of room to store all of his kitchen accessories. Some of the plastic kitchen don't seem to have enough storage room.

:yeahthat:
That's the best part about a good kitchen, IMO...storage for all the accessories. Those both look super cute though and I can't really help having not seen either IRL.

DietCokeLover
09-04-2009, 05:15 PM
We have the babystyle retro kitchen and it looks EXTReMELY similar to the kid kraft one. My kids love this kitchen set (we have fridge too). They love all of the doors and shelves. This is definitely one of the best buys I have made fir them in a while.

katydid1971
09-04-2009, 11:47 PM
FWIW I think the Ikea one is more attractive but the I think the kid kraft one looks more fun to play with, knobs to turn, another drawer and more "kitcheny" looking. If the appreance is very important (like its going to be in the middle of your living room) then I would get the Ikea one but if not I would get the Kid Kraft one.

ellies mom
09-05-2009, 12:46 AM
We have the pink version of the Kidkraft retro one. The stove part alone has quite a bit of storage but we have the fridge too. It gets quite a bit of play and has held up well.