PDA

View Full Version : Where do newborn twins sleep? Do they share a packnplay?

suddenlyseeingtwo
09-03-2009, 07:12 PM
What is the best method for sleeping your newborn twins? I hope to have them sleep in the room with me to make nursing/feedings at night easier, but what is the best (and most economical) way of doing this? Are two bassinets necessary? Can they share a pack and play with the bassinet attachment? What works?? For how long??? Eventually we plan to move them into a seperate bedroom (they'll share) with two seperate cribs, but I want to know what I should get for the first months....

Trying to just breathe... Thank you for the help!

BeachBum
09-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Ours slept in a Arm's Reach (brand) co-sleeper. The full sized one. The weight limit is higher than the other options I found.

(Congrats!)

longamkl
09-03-2009, 07:49 PM
We started ours in a single crib at the end of our bed but since they both had reflux, they didn't end up sleeping in it. I am really glad I didn't buy the really expensive crib I wanted.

They slept, one in her carseat and the other in his swing. This helped with the reflux.

After three and half months we moved them in the crib in their own room and then shortly after that in their own cribs (side by side) where they are still.

Congratulations!

missliss55
09-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Our twins slept together in the bassinet of the pack n play in our room. They now sleep in one crib together in their room. HTH and good luck.

Momof3Labs
09-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Ours slept in a Arm's Reach (brand) co-sleeper. The full sized one. The weight limit is higher than the other options I found.

(Congrats!)

This is our desired solution, but in reality, they have slept in the swings in our room at night.

A regular PNP bassinet only has a (combined) 15lb weight limit - my girls passed that up (combined) by 3.5 weeks of age.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
09-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I bought a original size Arm's reach co-sleeper too, with the intent that I was going to nurse and they would sleep there together. It turned out that I ended up pumping (nursing difficulties) and because of their reflux they did better upright than laying down. So mine ended up sleeping in their swings too. That's where they did the best. We bought 2 that plugged in and let them sleep there. Those were honestly the best money we spent on any baby gear. They slept in those until about 4 months and then started sleeping in their cribs. Although.... we're now getting use out of the co-sleeper because we've had to split them into 2 different rooms due to their different nighttime eating/waking habits.

twowhat?
09-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Mine shared a PNP bassinet in our room until they outgrew the weight limit. Then, we put them in 2 PNP bassinets, again in our room until they outgrew the weight limits. Then, we transitioned them into their own room at 3 months. We still use a PNP for naps because we've had to separate them during naptime (too much talking and playing, and no napping going on!).

Hope that helps!

iggy_saurus
09-11-2009, 11:59 PM
My twins are in the Arms Reach Co-Sleeper (full-size). They are now 10 weeks old, and the co-sleeper is great. My dad built a platform to put it on, because our bed frame and mattress are thick. The weight limit is 30 pounds so we will be able to use it longer than most bedside sleepers.

k_null81
09-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Ours have always slept in their room in one crib for now. If their room wasn't across the hall way from our room then I'm not sure what we would have done. I'm a very light sleeper so it would be very hard to sleep with them in our bedroom.

dowlinal
09-17-2009, 02:18 AM
My twins would not sleep for the first few weeks unless they were snuggled together. They would actually wiggle until they were touching and then put their heads together. It was the sweetest thing ever. They still prefer to be touching so I expect that they will share a crib for the forseeable future.

They shared a regular bassinet until they hit the weight limit and them I moved them into a full sized arms reach cosleeper. I had planned to start out with the cosleeper, but I was too sore from my c-section to be able to manuver myself in and out of bed around it. Unfortunately our cosleeper days are numbered since at our 3 month visit the boys combined weight was just shy of 28 lbs. If I had known that my twins would outgrow it this soon, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

Vetchic
09-20-2009, 09:14 AM
We had 1 of the cribs in our room and had them both in there. I had a PnP set up on the first sloor when I was down there that they could nap in. At 3 months each of them were in their own crib in their nursery.