PDA

View Full Version : What prompts a recall?

justincase
09-04-2009, 06:25 AM
After reading about all the recalls of all the shades and blinds (like this (http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09327.html)) I really, really want to do something about our bamboo roman ones. I've known the inner cords were a problem, even with the pull cords tied up, but they're in a room DS is never in. But with another round of babyproofing in my future and no guarantee that DD will be the same kind of "tell him not to touch it once and he's done" kid that DS was, my vague uneasiness has blossomed into something more pressing. I have a life-size picture of WM's willingness to work with me on this since the purchase was years ago and I have no receipt or packaging. Obviously I'll take them down but is there something more I can do to get any money back? I could use it, that's for sure. My shades look exactly the same as all the recalled ones, but I don't see WM listed as one of the retailers involved in the recall. Does a WM shade actually have to be involved in some kind of incident before the CPSC steps in? Do I call the CPSC? Call WM? Go to WM? Call the manufacturer (I have the instruction sheet that came with them with an 800 #)? TIA!