PDA

View Full Version : help with baby sleep issues

Melarina
09-04-2009, 10:09 AM
DS has reflux and won't sleep in the crib for more than 30 minutes -- about once a night he'll go for two hours.
However he sleeps OK in the bouncy seat during the day.
Is it safe to let him sleep in the bouncy at night when he would be unsupervised? it only has a three point harness and sometimes his head seems to flop to one side or the other...
Also, how long is it OK to leave him in there with the vibrating thing on? that seems to be key to his happiness...
thanks for your help!!!

mom2beofboy/girltwins
09-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Do you have a swing? My swings reclined more than my bouncy seats did so the head flop wasn't as much an issue. My twins slept in their swings everynight until about until about 4 months and it didn't seem to cause them any issues (and they slept longer). They transitioned over to their cribs no problem.

Melarina
09-04-2009, 10:25 AM
We do have a swing - the Graco lovin hug - he hasnt liked that as much (no vibrating) but worth a try, thanks!

MZS V
09-04-2009, 11:05 AM
:hug5: I just wanted to send you a hug, because I know how you feel. My DD is 6 months, but we have been dealing with reflux since the beginning here. Can you elevate the head end of her crib/bassinet? We put two phone books under each leg of ours, and it helped. Oh, I just reread and I see you are using a crib. I read somewhere that you can drop the lower end of the crib mattress down to the next setting, but I have never tried that. I can never get more than 2-3 hours in the crib either, and mine definitely sleeps better in the swing/carseat. I agree, the movement seems to be a key factor in this. Good luck!

Mama V

truly scrumptious
09-04-2009, 12:09 PM
:hug5: I just wanted to send you a hug, because I know how you feel. My DD is 6 months, but we have been dealing with reflux since the beginning here. Can you elevate the head end of her crib/bassinet? We put two phone books under each leg of ours, and it helped. Oh, I just reread and I see you are using a crib. I read somewhere that you can drop the lower end of the crib mattress down to the next setting, but I have never tried that. I can never get more than 2-3 hours in the crib either, and mine definitely sleeps better in the swing/carseat. I agree, the movement seems to be a key factor in this. Good luck!

Mama V

Our DS had terrible reflux, and we inclined the crib as the PP has described - lowering one side of the mattress to the next setting. At the ped's advice, we would also put pillows under the mattress (NOT IN THE CRIB) to incline the mattress further. We found the high incline sometimes made him roll around a bit, so we used a sleep positioner, but nothing else in the crib with him. The incline definitely helped.
The carseat didn't work for us because it would make him slouch down putting pressure on his belly and making the reflux worse.
And we got a prescription for Zantac - that helped A LOT.
Good luck.