PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to find out who has searched your profile on Facebook?

Jenny_A
09-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I noticed that a friend posted that "Yo ville" (it's an application) allowed you to see who has clicked on your profile. Is this accurate?

Is there any way to do this that anyone knows of?

I'm honestly hoping there's not :).

cleo27
09-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Yikes - I hope not!

MMMommy
09-04-2009, 04:08 PM
I hope it can't be done. I'd be so embarrassed if half the people I searched for knew I searched for them on Facebook.:innocent:

Melaine
09-04-2009, 04:10 PM
I hope it can't be done. I'd be so embarrassed if half the people I searched for knew I searched for them on Facebook.:innocent:

That's what I am thinking.

ett
09-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Goodness, I hope not!

Globetrotter
09-04-2009, 04:46 PM
I would be utterly embarrassed if it did!

Jenny_A
09-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Alright, I did a little searching on google and I have not found anything that says it can be done. Apparently there are several applications that claim they can, but really they cannot. It's ultimately against Facebook's Privacy Policy. So, I'm feeling a little better about it.

Maybe someone else will chime in? Anyone have Yo-ville?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
09-04-2009, 06:00 PM
I hope NOT!

codex57
09-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Isn't Yo-Ville a game? I get sent Yo-ville requests but I ignore them. I just remember it being like one of the billion games out there. I just play Mafia Wars and Vampire Wars but those don't allow you to see who has clicked on your profile.

On occassion, it sends out a notice to the person you interact with and they can use your name to look up your profile. To prevent strangers, just update your privacy settings.

mamica
09-04-2009, 11:42 PM
I don't know, and I hope not, but I've recently seen a quiz (that I think is part of an app) that is something about the top 20 stalkers on your fb list. It seems like there's an app that will show you a ranking or a tally of who/how many times your friends have scanned your page (and the quiz asks random questions about different friends on that top 20).

I really hope that this isn't possible...does anyone have a definite answer?

infocrazy
09-04-2009, 11:44 PM
I "think" the stalker one is really about the top posters on your page more than viewing, but I could be wrong. I hide most of the apps from friends so I can't remember.

Snow mom
09-04-2009, 11:53 PM
I know there is a stalker app that basically shows your friends as a stalker when they visit your page but it's just showing that to them--not to you and not to your other friends. It's a joke that makes people feel paranoid about visiting your page.

Generally, no, it is against FB policy to reveal info about who you searched or who searched you. There are lots of apps that say they do various things to get you to click on them, but it's kind of like those adds that say "six people have a crush on you. Click here to find out who." How the he!! would they know who has a crush on you? They are just trying to get you to click on their banner for their revenue.

mamica
09-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I know there is a stalker app that basically shows your friends as a stalker when they visit your page but it's just showing that to them--not to you and not to your other friends. It's a joke that makes people feel paranoid about visiting your page.

Would it show me only those who have signed up for the app, or anyone on my friends' list when they visit?

Snow mom
09-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Well, it doesn't actually show you anything. It's a box that says "stalker alert" and it puts the profile pic of the person visiting your profile into it but this is only displayed to that person and obviously a friend visiting your profile is not really a stalker. That's why I said it's a joke. It doesn't actually monitor your friends. If you are concerned about someone visiting your profile too much delist them, change your privacy settings, or create a new friend list with reduced privileges.