PDA

View Full Version : Do girls like Castle Logix?

Ladybug47
09-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Any opinions on whether most girls enjoy playing Castle Logix, or is it more of a "boy" puzzle/game?

elliput
09-04-2009, 08:04 PM
I like it! My DD gets it out every once in a while for us to work on together. She seems to find it fascinating.

Corie
09-07-2009, 10:57 PM
I think it looks cool for both boys and girls. :)

MarisaSF
09-08-2009, 09:49 AM
LOL. Castles? Princesses? Knights? I definitely thought of my daughter. ;)

I got "Royal Rescue" on huge sale a few months ago and plan to give it to DD for Christmas.

Descriptions of both:
Royal Rescue: The knight and the princess are locked in separate towers. Can you help the princess build a rescue route, or the knight build a bridge, to get them back together? Children will enjoy days and 'knights' of mind-bending fun as they create a path for the royals to reunite! With simple puzzles for beginning builders, to complex puzzles that challenge skilled architects, Royal Rescue is designed to develop spatial reasoning abilities and stretch a player's logical thinking skills. Includes 11 durable wooden pieces, and a full-color, richly-illustrated booklet featuring 48 multi-level puzzle challenges. High-quality wooden pieces, and a timeless theme, give Royal Rescue the look and feel of a classic children's game. For 1 player.

Castle Logix: Construct castles, block by block and tower by tower, as you flex your logic muscles with this beautifully crafted 3-D wooden puzzle. The challenge is to assemble the wooden blocks and towers into one of the castles in the puzzle booklet. With simple puzzles for inexperienced builders to complex puzzles that will challenge skilled ones, Castle Logix is designed to stretch a player's logical thinking skills and to develop spatial reasoning abilities. It includes seven durable wooden castle pieces and a full-color, illustrated booklet with 48 multi-level puzzle challenges. Made of smooth, high-quality wood, Castle Logix has the look and feel of a classic children's game.

Corie
09-13-2009, 09:59 PM
I got "Royal Rescue" on huge sale a few months ago and plan to give it to DD for Christmas.

Descriptions of both:
Royal Rescue: The knight and the princess are locked in separate towers. Can you help the princess build a rescue route, or the knight build a bridge, to get them back together? Children will enjoy days and 'knights' of mind-bending fun as they create a path for the royals to reunite! With simple puzzles for beginning builders, to complex puzzles that challenge skilled architects, Royal Rescue is designed to develop spatial reasoning abilities and stretch a player's logical thinking skills. Includes 11 durable wooden pieces, and a full-color, richly-illustrated booklet featuring 48 multi-level puzzle challenges. High-quality wooden pieces, and a timeless theme, give Royal Rescue the look and feel of a classic children's game. For 1 player.

This sounds super cool!! I think my son would love it!

(Actually, I think my 7.5 yrs. old daughter would like it too.)

ett
09-13-2009, 10:27 PM

We got Royal Rescue and it's a big hit with both my boys. DS1 loves doing the puzzles and DS2 just plays with the pieces. DS2 loves it when he gets to play with the "big boy" toys. :)

And yeah, I think it's completely appropriate for both boys and girls.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
09-16-2009, 01:19 AM

*I* think Corie would like it! :ROTFLMAO:

Me, too!:bag

Corie
09-16-2009, 01:12 PM

I think I would love it too!! That's the reason why my kids get half the
stuff they do. DH and I pick gifts that we want. :)

ett
09-16-2009, 05:11 PM

Me, too!:bag

There are tons of choices out there so why not choose something that I would enjoy playing with too. :)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
09-16-2009, 06:38 PM
I think I would love it too!! That's the reason why my kids get half the
stuff they do. DH and I pick gifts that we want. :)

Us to! We end up spending more quality time with our Daughter because we get stuff we like, too! Win/win! I am going to LOVE playing with the Plan Toys garage!!!! I like Duplos , but will be happy when we move on to Lego sets!