PDA

View Full Version : and so it begins.....

HIU8
09-04-2009, 09:30 PM
1st week of school....

DS and DD have nasty nasty colds (came on all of a sudden).

Take then to the ped today b/c long weekend means we have to hit the ER if there are issues. Turns out that DS has STREP and DD may have it as well. Neither has a fever. Neither is complaining about a sore throat (probably coated with all the mucus anyway). Neither has swollen glands or puss on their tonsils etc... I have a feeling we will be at the ped a lot this year.

MMEand1
09-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Hope they are feeling better soon and you don't end up with it once they are feeling better (always happens to me as soon as the DC start feeling better).

HIU8
09-04-2009, 09:36 PM
So far (cross your fingers) I have yet to get strep when either DS or DD has gotten it. I hope it works the same this time as well.

connor_mommy
09-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Hope they get better soon. We just missed one week of K due to swine flu and luckily preschool was closed for the week. Not fun. My son had strep for almost a month before we found out. He didn't have a fever, nor did he ever complain of a sore throat. Watch yourself also. Call the doc if your throat starts to feel funny.

HIU8
09-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah, DS and DD have no fever and are not complaining of a sore throat. They also don't havd swollen glands. DS was positive on the rapid strep. We find out tomorrow if DD also has strep. DD is the one also with the nasty nasty cold and massive cough (which is why we were at the ped in the first place).