PDA

View Full Version : P&PT needed for a friend and how can I help her?

alien_host
09-05-2009, 02:45 AM
A friend has been diagnosed with cancer. She is a great person and has young children. My heart is breaking for her and her family. Please send some P&PT to them.

I wonder how I can best help her. A friend is gathering a list of people in the area who can help. I'm thinking - sending over meals, freezing meals for them, grocery shopping, errands, laundry, help with the kids.

What else can I help with? If anyone else has suggestions, please post them here or PM me. We want to do whatever we can to help during this difficult time.

Thank you.

katydid1971
09-05-2009, 02:56 AM
I think taking the kids out for a fun day would do everyone a world of good. I'm sure there is a ton of stress and taking them out would give them a break from it and some rest for mom. I'm sure any support you can give will be so appreciated. P & PT going out to her and you.

infomama
09-05-2009, 03:25 AM
I just went through this..I'm so sorry.

My friend wanted things to remain as normal as possible so at first she refused meals and help but eventually she realized that she needed the help and let us do so.

Offering to take the kids was a huge help to her so that is what we did, at first. I would add "cleaning the house" to the list as well.

P and PT for you all.

alien_host
09-06-2009, 09:45 PM
thank you, and "cleaning the house" is a great idea!