PDA

View Full Version : Why when you need your child to be healthy & NOT cranky...

tnrnchick74
09-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Does it never fail that he's sick, tired, cranky, and not sleeping all night.

I'm in the middle of moving. Movers are coming today to move boxes/furniture. Yesterday DS was at daycare - nto a problem, no fever, jsut as little stuffy nose.

this morning, he's been awake since 0400 coughing, crying, and generally being a whiny boy.

"Dear Grandma" is watching him today - no other options during the holiday weekend. I know this is going to jsut send her over the edge with screaming at him. He's not a happy child right now. He doesn't feel good and *I* can't give him the attention he needs/wants until tonight, when we are moved into our new place!

I'm tired, sore, cranky, tired, and more tired. And I'm also stressed.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this day go smoothly, quickly (! especially since I pay the movers by the hour!), and easily!

Then let DS sleep tonight - I have a date with a bubble bath, twisty straw, nice bottle of wine, and a candle & book at about 0900!

elizabethkott
09-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Here's P&PT that your move goes well, Parker turns the corner and isn't cranky or sick, and that he is sooooo exhausted that he goes to sleep at 7 and stays that way until 9 tomorrow morning!!!

DietCokeLover
09-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Tell grandma to bring the benadryl and the wine as a housewarming gift.

Hope all goes well!

amandabea
09-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Ugh. It will be over soon. Just keep thinking about the bubble bath, the twisty straw, and the quiet of your own place w/ DS.

caleymama
09-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Here's P&PT that your move goes well, Parker turns the corner and isn't cranky or sick, and that he is sooooo exhausted that he goes to sleep at 7 and stays that way until 9 tomorrow morning!!!

:yeahthat:

MamaMolly
09-05-2009, 03:29 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. You have my heartfelt sympathy. Moving is the world's biggest PITA.

If you have a minute pack an Open First box with TP, knives (for opening boxes) and bedding for you and Parker. That bed is going to feel so good!

Congrats on getting your own place, you really deserve it. :kisscheek:

tnrnchick74
09-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm moved!!! It didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked...but its done! Now the REAL fun begins with the unpacking!

DS is still a little whiny tonight, but fell asleep around 8:30. Here's HOPING he sleeps all night!!

Well, I have a date with a bubble bath in about 10 minutes!!!

(and yes, the "emergency" box is a MUST!)

lowrioh
09-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Congrats on the move! Just take unpacking one box at a time...
Enjoy your tub!