PDA

View Full Version : non-stinky diaper wipes

boogiemomz
09-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi,

I recently used a friend's disposable wipe to clean some dirt off my hands at a picnic, and was just horrified at the smell. I've used disposable wipes before working in nurseries and such, but not since I got pregnant with my first (due in November). When I remembered how awful the smell is, I was thinking that I really don't want my baby/nursery to smell like this. I was hoping to go more natural and chlorine/alcohol free, but I've heard the 7th generation wipes are really dry and inadequate, one friend has to use several of these wipes every time she changes her daughter, even when it's just pee. What natural formula, pleasant smelling wipes have you used that work or don't work? Anyone make your own? How does that work?

Thanks,
Katherine :)

Melaine
09-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Unscented wipes are, well, unscented. I like Up&Up by Target, unscented wipes.

goldenpig
09-05-2009, 10:22 AM
I use Pampers Sensitive wipes--I think they're unscented. One time I bought the Pampers Cleanups and couldn't stand the perfume. Basically any unscented one should be fine.

zag95
09-05-2009, 10:46 AM
I like the Kirkland Wipes from Costco- great for everything from bottoms to faces!

lchang25000
09-05-2009, 11:39 AM
I use the Pampers sensitive wipes for DS's bum and Huggies Natural Care wipes for his face/hands. Both are unscented, hypoallergenic, and alcohol-free.

hillview
09-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I like the Kirkland Wipes from Costco- great for everything from bottoms to faces!

:yeahthat:
/hillary

edurnemk
09-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I use either 7th Generation or Nature Baby Care, and I like them. They aren't as thick as Huggies or Pampers, but I don't want all those chemicals on my baby's skin. Also the Nature Baby CAre ones are biodegradable.
I cloth diaper, so at home we mostly use cloth wipes which I wet with just water with a few drops of tea tree oil.

And I understand you not wanting that smell in the nursery. I also cannot stand the smell of Pampers diapers, I have a very sensitive sense of smell.

Kitten007
09-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Unscented wipes are, well, unscented. I like Up&Up by Target, unscented wipes.

:yeahthat: