PDA

View Full Version : Melissa and Doug stacker

Reyadawnbringer
09-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I was browsing rewards on the pampers site for the gtg points and I noticed that they have a cute Melissa and Doug wooden ring stacker. I was so eager to buy this for my DS as he is becoming interested in stacking things and such. I was just about to use my points to redeem it when I noticed that the age on it says 2 years and up...

Is there a reason why this is for 2 years and up only? Is the little ball cap at the top too small for little ones? Does it pose a choking hazard and thats why? I really think this is super sute, but I just don't want to waste my points on something that would be a hazard for my 10mo. old son.

TIA!

lmwbasye
09-05-2009, 10:42 AM
I went on Amazon to read reviews and it seems that some people say that the smallest ring is too small for their little one and could be a choking hazard.

That being said, I have not seen it in real life.

citymama
09-05-2009, 08:11 PM
We have this stacker. FYI, it costs all of $5 so not the greatest steal on GTG points. It's one of the toys DD owns that could totally have been skipped. We got it for her at 18 months but there's no way she could use it then. The pole/rod in the middle is definitely a hazard for a toddler - could put out an eye. She's 3.5 and has rediscovered it - she likes to play with the rings and wooden ball and use them to "decorate" things that she builds. We ended up buying a plastic stacker which was much much safer and more used by her as a baby/toddler.

ett
09-06-2009, 01:00 AM
I agree with PP that a plastic stacker is better at 10 months. We have some wooden stackers but DS's didn't play with those until they were older. The paint on Melissa and Doug stuff also chips, so I would not give it to a baby who is still mouthing things.

Reyadawnbringer
09-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Thankd fo rthe responses everyone. I have decided to not get this stacker after all. The concerns mentions by you all was very helpful and it seems like I would be better off buying a plastic stacker and saving my pampers points for something else.

brittone2
09-06-2009, 02:41 PM
If you want another chunkier, non-plastic alternative, I've always thought the stacker from Holgate toys (made in the USA) looked nice:
http://www.holgatetoy.com/Products/Rocky-Color-Cone--Classic-Wooden-Toy-Made-in-the-USA__HZ1107.aspx