PDA

View Full Version : LOVE my PPB boxy backpack!!!

lucybabymamma
09-05-2009, 02:41 PM
There's been a few threads asking about Petunia Pickle Bottom bags, and I just had to write because I have been using mine for over a year, and just ordered and received my brand new PPB glazed boxy backpack...and LOVE it!!!
Oh, let me count the ways:
* glazed fabric is way practical and durable (and still really great looking)
* perfect size and right amount of compartments
* so comfy and lightweight -- having the option of wearing it as a backpack is a must-have
* the designs are way cute without looking like a diaper bag -- I feel so pulled together, even when my hair is in a ponytail and I threw on an outfit in one minute:)
* perfect size: I have an 18 month old and a new baby coming in a few weeks and so far I have had room to spare!
* The price, whew! Well, that is high, but is actually pretty comparable to other bags, and I had an older PPB bag (it even had a few owners before me) that I sold on ebay (to buy this one) and got nearly the same price I paid for it origionally (I lost $10 -- not too bad after over a years worth of every-day use)! I paid the remaining cost by selling stuff in our basement on ebay...so even better!

Finally, the features on the new bags really improve the design and functionality. SO! If you are wavering or wondering about this bag, I would recommend it to anyone...looove it! Does anyone else like theirs too?:applause:

aajamu
09-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I am, and always have been a HUGE PPB fan. I bought my first boxy backpack when I had my first DS back in 2005. I loved that bag to pieces (literally) and used it for nearly 3 years straight before retiring it (it was the old purple butterfly roll print). When I had my second DS, I wanted to try something new....but nothing really compared and I ended up buying a PPB BB again in the glazed Blue Danube fabric. Again, LOVED IT, though I sold that to get one in Zanzibar (I'm a fan of the brocade fabrics too, as long as they are dark). The newer ones have more pockets inside the bag, which was a real plus for me.

Now that both my kids are older (4 1/2 and nearly 2), I've sold all my boxy backpacks and own a Touring Tote. Touring Totes didn't work for me when the kids were younger, but now that I carry a lot less, they work just perfectly. I have one in India Ink which is DIVINE. A very versatile print - it stands out but is not loud.

I've never had any quality issues with any of the bags and they do last forever, so the higher price is worth it. I could never find any convertible diaper bags that were as comfy in all configurations (shoulder, backpack, messenger). I sound like a PPB shill here but I love their bags. I always recommend them. :heartbeat: