PDA

View Full Version : ISO good speaker system for IPOD/CD/DVR

Globetrotter
09-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Can someone recommend a good speaker system to plug in my IPOD? I also need a CD player and a connection for the DVR. I'm salivating over the BOSE systems, but those are pricey!

jhamman
09-06-2009, 04:24 PM
We're certainly not audiophiles, but my DH has been happy
with the Altec Lansing InMotion iPod speakers (model IM600, I think),
that I gave him as a gift a while back.

He likes the sound (for their size); I like being able to carry
it around the house, or into the backyard (it has a rechargeable battery).

WBlaze
09-06-2009, 10:17 PM
The Klipsch IGroove is great

fauve01
09-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Can someone recommend a good speaker system to plug in my IPOD?

I love my JBL On Stage speaker dock. It is a small circle, the diameter of my hand. it's easy to move around (or even travel with) and has GREAT sound IMO. I have an earlier generation of this:
http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=jbl%20on%20stage

looks like there are different models. now it comes with remote and choice of black or white. :)

good luck with the other systems!
Anne

mommylamb
09-07-2009, 05:04 PM
The bose sound dock is pricey, but it has amazing sound. Our main sterio is on our lower level and we spend most of our time on our main level so we have the sound dock there and it is great. It's amazing how something so small can make the music fill so much space.
I love my JBL On Stage speaker dock. It is a small circle, the diameter of my hand. it's easy to move around (or even travel with) and has GREAT sound IMO. I have an earlier generation of this:
http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=jbl%20on%20stage

looks like there are different models. now it comes with remote and choice of black or white. :)

good luck with the other systems!
Anne

MamaKath
09-07-2009, 06:27 PM
I have a Crosley radio with dock. It has great sound! I keep it in my kitchen and find it comparable to my dad's small bose. If I were going for a bigger system I would look at Crosley's again.