PDA

View Full Version : Don't like the new Lands End bags...so disappointed!

MamaKath
09-06-2009, 03:22 PM
So Lands End came out with cute new colors for their diaper bags and I was all excited. Add to that the cost has remained good, and I jumped to replace a couple things that were in my stolen van. My LE order arrived and I couldn't wait to try stuff out. The things I got on clearance were fine, good quality, everything I expected. The Little Tripper was a complete disappointment!!!

I ordered the pink, figuring if the quality was the same I would then order the Do-it-all (to replace the one I kept with asthma emergency stuff in the van) and the Backpack (to replace one also in the van). I opened it and initial appearance was fine. Color is cute with the darker pink zipper. Weight is lighter than my blue LT, but that in itself isn't bad. Took it out of the plastic it came in. Inside it has a nice changing pad still and a dirty duds bag as extras. But the materials of the bag and changing pad are not the same quality! It has a very cheap feel to it overall. Even the back pocket of the bag where it is one layer of fabric, you can see the light shining through, vs. my blue one that is a nice dense fabric. The bottle pockets had dense fabric also on my old one and actually kept things nice and cool even though they were not truly insulated; these are just very lightweight nylon.

Overall I am so disappointed! The bag design is the same, but the materials are not. I am not sure if I will even try it or just send it back. I would be hesitant to order other products from them too after this, I really wonder if the quality on all their kids products has changed. :-( Wanted to give others a heads up, in case they are thinking of purchasing. This was one of my "go to" bags for myself, as gifts, and as a recommendation. I am going to have to find some new ones to be the "go tos".

ETA- Update...
Never did update. I decided I did like the outer fabric okay. It is a little more flexible/softer than the old fabric. However the mesh pockets inside felt icky when I would reach my hand in. Back to LE.

becca_g
09-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Yikes! I was planning to purchase the LE Little Tripper and Do-It-All in black and have them monogrammed for my DS.

Does anyone know if the black diaper bags LE is currently selling are lower quality fabric as well vs. older ones?