PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to all Sun-nut butter lovers

Nooknookmom
09-07-2009, 08:38 PM
You've ruined me, forever. I can't stop eating it, I crave it b4 bed, when I wake up and during the day.

Do I eat it on a cracker, celery or bread?? NO, I eat it off of a giant spoon. I cannot stop and realistically, don't want to.

I NEED a Sun-nut butter intervention.

Please help me.

(Oh, and the reason I tried it at TJ's? Peanut butter gives me horrible heartburn and after all the great reviews here, I thought I'd try it for the protien?)

justincase
09-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Do I eat it on a cracker, celery or bread?? NO, I eat it off of a giant spoon. I cannot stop and realistically, don't want to.
:ROTFLMAO:
I am right there with you. I could have written this. DH was just teasing me about how much lower the level in the jar is than it was three short days ago. Just think how many wonderful vitamins and minerals there are in it; you are doing yourself a favor with your addiction! :)

MamaMolly
09-07-2009, 09:54 PM
:bag I'm glad you love it, too! I was craving a SBJ sandwich today, myself! Mmmmmmmm.

writermama
09-07-2009, 10:09 PM
the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. And remember, when the jar is empty, you have a problem.

DrSally
09-07-2009, 10:12 PM
DS would eat it every single meal if I let him. I prefer sunbutter myself.

Wife_and_mommy
09-07-2009, 10:22 PM
LOL. My DS is an addict too. Wont' go near PB. :)

m448
09-07-2009, 10:27 PM
on a spoon, sprinkled with chocolate chips. Oh my goodness I didn't just admit that.

elephantmeg
09-07-2009, 10:32 PM
I used it for no bake cookies today mmmmmmmmmm. And had a sunbutter and home-made grape jelly sandwich for lunch. mmm. and licked the spoon that I used to scoop out for the cookies...

deannanb
09-07-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't want to enable you, but did you know they make "on the go" packets???
sunbutter.elsstore.com

Nooknookmom
09-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Go packets, chocolate chips, no bake cookies! Ok, we need a recipe thread just for Sun-nut butter.

BTW, my jar is almost gone and my oldest is making me save some for her breakfast. I think I have started something...

Corie
09-08-2009, 08:55 PM
What is Sun-nut butter?

R2sweetboys
09-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Okay ladies, I have GOT to try this stuff immediately! Unfortunately, we don't have a TJ's( :hopmad::crying::hopmad:)... are there some good brands out there that I can find at a mainstream grocery store? I can go to WFs, but would prefer not to make the trek. Our local grocery stores do seem to have pretty decent whole foods sections. Thanks!(I think)

lablover
09-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Sunbutter is the only brand I know of besides TJ's brand (which I think is Sunbutter Natural just relabeled and sold at a cheaper price). I have seen sunbutter at WFs and Harris Teeter in my area. Here is a store locater:

http://www.sunbutter.com/landingpage_usstorefinder.php

R2sweetboys
09-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Sunbutter is the only brand I know of besides TJ's brand (which I think is Sunbutter Natural just relabeled and sold at a cheaper price). I have seen sunbutter at WFs and Harris Teeter in my area. Here is a store locater:

http://www.sunbutter.com/landingpage_usstorefinder.php

Thank you!! They do carry it at my local store, yay!

k_null81
09-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Just sent my hubby to the store to pick some up for me! Can't wait to try it!

k_null81
09-08-2009, 10:31 PM
ok so I just tried it and I'm wondering if I got a bad batch??? I didn't think it was all that tasty. :( It kind of tasted peanut buttery but not sweet like peanut butter. Is that what it's supposed to taste like?

MMMommy
09-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm going to have to pick up a jar at Trader Joe's. Never had it, and I am intrigued. Is it under the Trader Joe's brand? What is it called exactly so I know what to look for?

lablover
09-09-2009, 07:33 AM
ok so I just tried it and I'm wondering if I got a bad batch??? I didn't think it was all that tasty. :( It kind of tasted peanut buttery but not sweet like peanut butter. Is that what it's supposed to taste like?

To me, the initial taste is similar to peanut butter, but the aftertaste is like sunflower seeds. So if you don't like sunflower seeds you probably won't like it. Initially I didn't really like it by itself but liked it okay added to jelly on a sandwich. I've since adjusted to it and like it plain now (with a peanut allergy in the house we don't eat peanut butter anymore.)

lablover
09-09-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm going to have to pick up a jar at Trader Joe's. Never had it, and I am intrigued. Is it under the Trader Joe's brand? What is it called exactly so I know what to look for?

It's called Sunflower Seed Butter and it is next to the peanut butter and other nut butters.

egoldber
09-09-2009, 07:39 AM
It kind of tasted peanut buttery but not sweet like peanut butter

If you are used to sweetened peanut butter, it probably is not that sweet. We buy the natural PBs and the sunbutter tastes a bit sweeter than those PBs to me.

k_null81
09-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks for clearing up the taste for me. I'm not a big peanut butter person in general.

I did put the sunbutter on a graham cracker and it tasted fine but I don't see myself buying anymore. Which is ok because it cost $8 at the local grocery store.

Oh and the kind my husband picked up said organic. Is it all organic or is that why it may not of tasted all that good? On the sunbutter website it looked like they had several kinds.

bcafe
09-09-2009, 09:38 AM
I usually buy 4 or so at Trader Joes. At 3.99, the price can't be beat!

MMMommy
09-09-2009, 03:50 PM
To me, the initial taste is similar to peanut butter, but the aftertaste is like sunflower seeds. So if you don't like sunflower seeds you probably won't like it. Initially I didn't really like it by itself but liked it okay added to jelly on a sandwich. I've since adjusted to it and like it plain now (with a peanut allergy in the house we don't eat peanut butter anymore.)

I picked up a jar from TJ's today, and this description is on point. Tastes just like sunflower seeds, but in a spreadable, peanut butter consistency form.

Nooknookmom
09-09-2009, 05:34 PM

If you keep shoving it in your mouth :innocent: it starts to taste like PB, but the sunflower-seed aftertaste is there. I also think TJ's brand is sweeter than regular PB.

I have a friend coming to breakfast tomorrow & I've been sworn NOT to eat the rest of the jar b4 she gets here, she's never tried it b4!

slworld
09-09-2009, 06:55 PM
After reading all the reviews I am making a trip to TJ's today to get it.

Oh and the kind my husband picked up said organic. Is it all organic or is that why it may not of tasted all that good? On the sunbutter website it looked like they had several kinds.

This was from the website:

Our Organic SunButter® has no salt or sugar added. This is the variety for the “true believers who enjoy the pure goodness of sunflowers”. It provides a pure bold sunflower taste.

All their other varieties have either sugar or dehydrated cane juice so maybe sweeter than the Organic kind.

nfceagles
11-06-2009, 11:39 AM
We LOVE Sunbutter here too. If you buy the creamy version by the case from the website I think it comes in under $4 per jar. And you're less likely to run out!!!