PDA

View Full Version : If you have a quilt on your DC's bed...

wencit
09-07-2009, 10:07 PM
How do you keep your kiddos warm during the cold winter months?

I just put a PBK quilt on DS1's big boy bed and realized that it was a lot thinner than I had hoped. DS and I absolutely adore the quilt, though, so I don't want to return it. Do you put a down comforter underneath the quilt? Dress your kids in a super warm Halo sleep sack before tucking them in bed?

Thanks for your suggestions!

smiles33
09-07-2009, 10:10 PM
DD1 just has multiple blankets we layer on her. Once she started walking we stopped using sleep sacks as I worried she would trip.

Wife_and_mommy
09-07-2009, 10:19 PM
We layer too. I haul out all the blankets and we split them among the family members in addition to dressing warmly.

ohiomom1121
09-07-2009, 10:31 PM
My kids both have PBK quilts on their beds with down alternative comforters under them. Much more cozy to sleep under than a quilt IMO, but the quilts are so darn cute. :)

Fairy
09-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Our PBK quilt is really heavy. Nice and toasty. But he has alot of smaller blankies on his bed that he must have there or the world will end. So, he is never for wont of a warm blankie :-)

Corie
09-07-2009, 10:56 PM
We all have pretty quilts on our beds.

In the winter, I add a blanket plus an extra warm comforter on top.

The kids still sleep in shorts & short-sleeve shirts.

KrisM
09-07-2009, 11:01 PM
We use blankets under the quilts. Last year, we kept it fairly warm at night, with DS1 being a baby. He still doens't do blankets, so I imagine it'll be on the warmer side again this year (66 or so).

hellokitty
09-07-2009, 11:05 PM
After autumn, I switch out the quilts with down comforters. I get the kids really cute duvets, although DS2 runs really warm and sweats too much with down comforters, so this yr, I may just give him an extra layer with his quilt instead of the down comforter.

niccig
09-08-2009, 01:51 PM
DS has a comforter on his bed - make sure it can be machine washed. We has some night time training accidents that meant ALL the bedding went through the wash. The quilts are for show, but in the warmer months, DS will use one and push the comforter to the end of the bed.

daniele_ut
09-10-2009, 11:34 AM
We all have pretty quilts on our beds.

In the winter, I add a blanket plus an extra warm comforter on top.

:yeahthat:
DS has a comforter that sits folded back at the end of his bed and we pull it up to cover the PBK quilt each night when it is really cold. He also wears fleece pajamas in the winter.

MacMacMoo
09-10-2009, 03:24 PM
DS (13 months) hates blankets. So even though we have a lovely stash of blankets on his bed "just in case" we just dress him warmly knowing he'll more than likely throw all the blankets off.

hillview
09-10-2009, 08:16 PM
We have a Land of Nod quilt and put a comforter under it for the winter. For DS 1. DS #2 uses sleep sacks.
/hillary

AddiesMom
09-13-2009, 12:54 AM
DD has a PBK quilt, but we change it to a Ikea down alternative quilt with a PBK duvet in the winter. I have it with a sheet and a thin fleece blanket. Before that we used to use Halo big kid sleep sacks when she wouldn't keep the covers on.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80132134