PDA

View Full Version : New Post It Pockets

KrisM
09-07-2009, 10:47 PM
I saw these at Meijer today: http://www.3m.com/us/office/postit/pockets/forHome.html.

I can think of lots of ways to have these help me organize. I'm thinking of one at the garage door for outgoing bills so that they actually get mailed!

aks226
09-07-2009, 11:12 PM
I would have them all over the house if DH would let me. Don't know what I would put in them, but I would find soemthing.

kransden
09-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the tip!

niccig
09-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Love them - the take out menus stuck to the fridge with magnets, forms for DS to take back to school....now to find a place to buy them.

Melaine
09-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Cool....love the idea of using for take out menus!

niccig
09-08-2009, 02:07 PM
I checked and Office Depot has them...I'll make a run later today...gotta do something to occupy me on DS's first day of school....

KrisM
09-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I checked and Office Depot has them...I'll make a run later today...gotta do something to occupy me on DS's first day of school....

Great!

How is the first day going? I was thinking about you this morning as we were getting ready. Ours was boring - the teacher talking to the parents for 40 minutes. Tomorrow is all day and just kids, so more exciting.

I hope your DS loved it and I hope you're doing well.

niccig
09-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Great!

How is the first day going? I was thinking about you this morning as we were getting ready. Ours was boring - the teacher talking to the parents for 40 minutes. Tomorrow is all day and just kids, so more exciting.

I hope your DS loved it and I hope you're doing well.

Thanks Kris. I cried last night, so I didn't cry today. DH's reaction was "what's the problem"...he just doesn't get it. So he got a lecture on how he doesn't have to share my feelings to comfort me. And he did.

We got there early, so DS could play on the playground with other kids in his class. Then the teachers had his class line up and we walked into the school, we had time to help them put their backpacks away and find their names on the mat, and then said goodbye. They told us it would be short and sweet to minimize crying. DS gave us both a hug. He looked a little lost, he doesn't know anyone else. He is excited. When the school bell rang, he grabbed his backpack and wanted to get in the classroom - so that's a good sign. A couple of the parents had children in older grades and their younger child knows the school/teachers from visiting their older sibling. I'm sure he'll do fine, they had extra staff today to help settle the kids into the classroom.

I do hope Target has their Halloween costumes, as I promised DS we would go after school to look and see. He'll be happy if they have the police uniform he wants. And then he wants to go to Taco Bell for dinner. That's usually a treat with DH, as I don't take him there, but I said I would tonight...

I hope your DS does well tomorrow..

KrisM
09-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks Kris. I cried last night, so I didn't cry today. DH's reaction was "what's the problem"...he just doesn't get it. So he got a lecture on how he doesn't have to share my feelings to comfort me. And he did.

We got there early, so DS could play on the playground with other kids in his class. Then the teachers had his class line up and we walked into the school, we had time to help them put their backpacks away and find their names on the mat, and then said goodbye. They told us it would be short and sweet to minimize crying. DS gave us both a hug. He looked a little lost, he doesn't know anyone else. He is excited. When the school bell rang, he grabbed his backpack and wanted to get in the classroom - so that's a good sign. A couple of the parents had children in older grades and their younger child knows the school/teachers from visiting their older sibling. I'm sure he'll do fine, they had extra staff today to help settle the kids into the classroom.

I do hope Target has their Halloween costumes, as I promised DS we would go after school to look and see. He'll be happy if they have the police uniform he wants. And then he wants to go to Taco Bell for dinner. That's usually a treat with DH, as I don't take him there, but I said I would tonight...

I hope your DS does well tomorrow..

Sounds like he did great with the send off! And it sounds like you're doing okay, too. How long is his day?

DS knows a couple kids in his class - one from preschool, one from soccer. And, today we met one that lives on the block north of us. They decided they'll be buddies tomorrow getting off the bus and walking to the classroom. I'm very happy he'll have someone at his bus stop that's in his class. We practiced finding his room and the bathroom, etc. I know he'll be fine. DD starts preschool tomorrow, too. It's so hard.

niccig
09-08-2009, 02:40 PM
DS class was supposed to have a party last week, so they could all meet each other and the teachers. But because of the fires in our area, they canceled the school parties, as some families were evacuated. I think that would have helped this morning for him to have already met his classmates. But he started playing and running around with the other kids on the playground. DS was able to climb up the rock wall to the slide, but some of the other boys couldn't. One boy told DS he must have longer legs, but DS is about 4" shorter - he's just a good climber.

It's also my first day. Some of the parents knew each other. I started talking with another mum, and it was her first day too, so at least I'm not the only person who's figuring school out.