PDA

View Full Version : Creativity Crisis - Need help w/ T shirt wording for girls' trip to NYC

Melbel
09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
For DD1's 8th birthday, we are travelling to NYC along with one of her best friends and her mom. I found great prices on etsy, just $12 each. As an aside they also have great big/little/brother/sister shirts at this low price.

I would like to avoid "best friends" because they are part of a circle of friends and I do not want to be exclusionary.

This is the style I was thinking of: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28056446

I must be tired because the best I could come up with is their names, New York City, and October 2009.

Jen841
09-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Put an 8 in the middle? (8th bday right?)

You could use the slang names for New York... i.e. NYC, Big Apple, City that does not sleep,... or list some of the spots you will be going to i.e., American Girl, Empire State Building, Little Mermaid, Shriek,....

ohiomom1121
09-08-2009, 11:16 AM
I ordered my son's birthday shirt from that seller...two things I'll tell you is the shirts run a little small and the colors are not bright. She did a nice job, but make sure if you are ordering a darker design you tell her to make sure it's printed dark. (I ordered orange and navy and got a peach and medium blue for example). Seller was really nice and remade it for me quickly...she said she has trouble getting dark colors to be true colors. If you're doing pinks or something like that I doubt you'll have any issues. HTH

ETA, I think listing places that you're going would be really cute on the back. You could put something like NYC, turning 8 in '09 maybe?

ha98ed14
09-08-2009, 12:09 PM
If you want to reference their friendship, how about

Sally & Lizzy
Gr8 Friends, Gr8 Times!
New York City

Melbel
09-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! Just what I needed to get the creative juices flowing! I especially liked the idea of including the names of some of the places we plan to visit. I thought it would be nice in a circular text to avoid it looking too wordy. I also really appreciate the feedback on the seller and print quality. You guys are great!

jent
09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
I also really appreciate the feedback on the seller and print quality. You guys are great!

I bought an adult T from them too (Super dad, for DH for father's day) and I'll second that they are good quality but run slightly small.

I don't have wording ideas for you though, I'm tired too!;)