PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a personalized beach towel fast?

KrisM
09-08-2009, 11:01 AM
We found out today that DS1 needs a beach towel with his name on it for rest time at school tomorrow. I know I can't order that fast, but figure I can come up with something to use tomorrow and have his "real" one ready for Friday. I'd like to do a personalized one, if possible. Any ideas of where I can do this?

doberbrat
09-08-2009, 11:06 AM
lands end at sears?

LLBean (if you live near a retail store?)

KrisM
09-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Okay, my mom came up with this. Target for a towel and a local embroidery place. I called the place and if I get a towel to them early afternoon, they can do it today for a whopping $6! Off to Target and hoping they have a nice towel.

happymom
09-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Dont know if they still have, but Costco usually has nice beach towels.

egoldber
09-08-2009, 11:41 AM
You can't just write his name on it with a Sharpie? It has to be personalized?

I also like the iron on name tags. I ordered a bunch for Sarah for sleep away camp and I am LOVING them. Not that this helps you in the short term....

Jen841
09-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Go to Michael's, JoAnne's or ACMoore and get iron-on patches of the letters or your child's name if you are lucky enough to find that.

LandsEnd I know if quick. I ordered a baby gift on Wednesday night and it arrived on Monday with no special shipping.

I am dreading the school list we will get tonight after the first day of school. I am sure to be running to Target tonight.

ourbabygirl
09-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah, fabric markers (found at Joann's or Michael's) or puffy paint (found at Wal-mart, Joann's, other places) would work well. They also have glow-in-the-dark puffy paint which would be really fun with the lights off for nap time :tongue5:.

KrisM
09-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Great idea for iron on names!

I wanted something other than Sharpie just to make it look nicer.

Turns out my problem was finding a towel. I tried Meijer, Kmart and Target and they only had character towels, which isn't what I want. We ended up with a big, green bath towel that will work. And, it was only $4.99. I dropped it off at the embroidery place and will get it later today.

Really, why not tell people they need this when beach towels are still in stores? It's September in Michigan. Not a lot of choice.

jerigirl
09-08-2009, 02:35 PM
http://www.target.com/Pop-Off-Butterfly-Beach-Towel/dp/B001GRVJHY/sr=1-9/qid=1252434833/ref=sr_1_9/175-6806084-9116307?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&rh=k%3Abeach%20towels&page=1
Target has had this series of 3-D appliqued towels for a few summers now. I usually pick up a few each summer to put in the gift closet. They look great with a name embroidered on them. Perfect birthday gifts. Not sure if they are still in the stores right now.