PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else watching "Chopped?"

Fairy
09-08-2009, 11:35 AM
I am suddenly addicted to "Chopped" on the Food Network. I absolutely love it and could watch it all day if left unchecked. WOW. They're doing the month-long face-off of the 13 winners from last season. First one is tonight, already on my tivo. Anyone else love this show?

Twoboos
09-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I really like Chopped!! Did not know they were doing a previous winner face off, must update DVR to catch it.

I love that I don't have to wait a whole season to see who wins. And they come up with some really cool stuff! But I can't stand that I have to hear the dramatic lead in to who gets Chopped 6+ times in an hour. We all KNOW someone is getting Chopped Mr. Host, so stop announcing it before and after commercial!!

Fairy
09-08-2009, 01:17 PM
I agree, that kind of reality show staple contrivance is annoying. I just breeze thru it all on the Tivo.

The guy who just couldn't get it together on the whole sanitary conditions thing got me nuts. He was BLEEDING in the food, then he double dipped constantly. Moron.

Twoboos
09-08-2009, 01:20 PM
The guy who just couldn't get it together on the whole sanitary conditions thing got me nuts. He was BLEEDING in the food, then he double dipped constantly. Moron.

YES!!! And he was so smarmy through the whole thing. DH & I were groaning. Can't imagine he's going to be getting too much biz now that people see how he works.

Fairy
09-08-2009, 01:24 PM
That's exactly what I thought! Like, who the heck would eat at his restaurant now?!

DietCokeLover
09-08-2009, 03:23 PM
That's exactly what I thought! Like, who the heck would eat at his restaurant now?!

That's exactly what i said to my husband after watching that episode.

kristenk
09-08-2009, 03:51 PM
DH and I like Chopped (although Top Chef is my favorite) and watch it weekly. I definitely remember unsanitary-cooking-conditions guy. I know it could be editing, but they really made it seem as if he didn't want to stop and lose time to tend to his bleeding wound. Blech.

DH and I always look at each other and wonder why it takes us forever just to make a main dish in the evening! I must be slow. :ROTFLMAO: