PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of Safety 1st All-In-One Convertible Car Seat

vidyaram
09-08-2009, 11:29 PM
I saw this in Marshalls for $89.99 and it says that it could be used from rear facing to all the way to a booster seat. I couldn't find many reviews on it. This is for my DD who is 4.5 years old, 43" and 37 lbs. I am thinking of frontier but DH says that I always buy expensive stuff just for the sake of it. I don't want to compromise safety but if I can save money, it will be great!
Thanks
Vidya

GraceH
09-09-2009, 12:07 AM
terrible fit/install issues RF and makes an awful booster too -- I don't know of any tech that would outright recommend it.
If you don't want to go over $200 for a Frontier, take a look at the Graco Nautilus ($150 minus sales/deals/coupons) or possibly the Apex 65 (although I think this has restrictions about headrests and such) -- personally, I chose the Nautilus myself and am pretty happy with it...

Joolsplus2
09-09-2009, 07:50 AM
For that price, it's probably the model with the 40 pound/14.5 inch tall (SHORT!) harness slots, and she will have to use it as a (Deadly, gut crushing) booster seat. So nope, skip it. Nautilus is only $150'ish at walmart, has 18.5 (TALL!) top slots and makes a much better booster (bad for some kids, but if you harness at least another 2 years, it should fit her fine by then).
The Frontier's even better, it's also by far the tallest highback booster on the market and doesn't expire for 9 years. Tell him you do get what you pay for, the quality is definitely higher than other seats (Nicer LATCH connectors, longer harness to fit bigger kids better, flip up armrests make it easy to get in and out, deep seat for extreme leg comfort).
:)