PDA

View Full Version : What did your DC's daily schedule look like at 3-4 months?

CharlotteMommy
09-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Question for the experienced moms out there --

I am a new SAHM with a 3 month old. I'm starting to think about what Dylan's schedule will look like once we get consistent sleep / nap times worked out. Just wondering what your typical daily schedule looked like when your children were 3-4 months old and napping 3x a day. I'm mostly curious about the sleep / nap times, but would love input on running errands, feedings, and planned activity times (tummy time, etc) if you had them as well.

TIA!

rosiegirl1
09-09-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm not too much more experienced (my LO is 6m) but 2 months ago our schedule was something like this...
up at 7, get meds
eat at 7:30
down at 8 or 8:30
up at 9ish
run errands before next feeding
eat at 11ish
down at 12ish
up at 1ish
run errands/leave house
eat at 2:30ish
down whenever she got cranky (between 3-4:30)
up 30 minutes later
eat at 6 or 6:30
in bed asleep between 6:30-7:30

Recently her naps have lengthened and she is less cranky, thank goodness.

LarsMal
09-09-2009, 09:34 AM
I don't know if it's from a book or what, but I've always liked the "eat, play, sleep" routine and try to follow that. It doesn't always work out- sometimes, eat/play/eat/sleep, but it's a good general routine. The naps don't have to happen at home either. A lot of times I'll feed DD2 (did the same with the other two) and then head out to run errands. If that takes up naptime, it's okay. IMO it's important to establish a routine, but also good to be flexible.

wifecat
09-09-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm not much further down the road (5mos), but our schedule is basically:

9am - wake up, eat, get ready to leave house

10am - some activity (swimming on Monday, a set Dr. appt. Tues., library Wed., playgroup Thurs., playgroup Fri.)

10:45 - usually a first nap - often very short (10-20 minutes)

eat

naked time (on puddle pads/prefolds - this is the only way tummy time worked for us)

eat

between 1 and 2 she usually goes down for a second nap - this one lasts about an hour, sometimes more, sometimes less

3pm - activity - walk, read books, run errands (short ones)

eat

after 5pm it all breaks down because she's tired but won't go to sleep. It's basically baby-management time until bed (between 7 and 8 we do our bedtime routine)

edurnemk
09-09-2009, 06:54 PM
IME babies don't have a very defined nap scehdule until 5 or 6 months. We didn't have fixed activities, except on days we went to baby and me Yoga and Gymboree. Other than that I'd play with him when he was awake, at that point we weren't very consistent with tummy time since DS hated it.
A lot of times DS napped in his stroller while going for walks or doing errands. I breastfed on demand for a long time, so even though he usually nursed every 3 hours, it wasn't always at the same time everyday.