PDA

View Full Version : Need gift ideas for 6 yr old boy and 2 yr old girl

benkatmama
09-09-2009, 12:00 PM
So we have a birthday party next weekend for a friends 2 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son. I am trying to think of gifts in the $20-25 price range for each of the kids. DD loves her Snap N Style dolls and her tea set so I thought about either the SNS Doll or the Fisher Price Musical Tea Set (DD has this one and loves it) but we saw the FP Laugh and Learn Tea Set and that is very cute too. Which do you think would be better...SNS, musical or L and L tea set?

Any idea's for the 6 yr old boy? DD saw a playmobil firetruck for $20 and wanted to get that but I wanted to wait to try to get some ideas before picking up something.

Thanks!

bubbaray
09-09-2009, 12:18 PM
My go-to gifts for boys is Legos, whatever I can find in my budget.

For a girl, I'd actually recommend the Green Toys tea set: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Toys-Tea-Set/dp/B001543YEY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1252513089&sr=8-1

brittone2
09-09-2009, 12:42 PM
DS is 5.5 and his favorite things are:

Lego
Playmobil
Books (fiction or nonfiction. For fiction he likes the Eyewonder and Eyewitness books from DK a lot. Barnes and Noble usually carry them).
Anything science-y...science kits, activities, etc.
Vehicles of any type
Outdoor play/toys

I'm sure he'd enjoy something like the PM firetruck. You can't go wrong w/ Lego either w/ most 6 year olds.

egoldber
09-09-2009, 01:03 PM
The Thinfun games are also good for that age....Rush Hour Jr and River Crossing Jr especially. Monopoly Jr is another good one.

new_mommy25
09-09-2009, 07:34 PM
My DS just turned 6. He is really into Lego, Star Wars action figures, board games (connect 4, monopoly jr., clue jr., etc.), science kits (he got a cool one where we experimented with volcanoes), magic kit. Not really into the playmobil so much but I know there are some kids that really dig it.

For the 2 year old I would go with the SNS dolls that you mentioned, or M&D magnetic dolls, a purse, play kitchen supplies, art supplies, or a baby doll. I'm not familiar with the tea sets you mentioned but I think a tea set is also a fab gift.

infomama
09-09-2009, 10:18 PM
For the 2yo I would second the Green Toys tea set and add M&D playfood as well as Playdough.....huge with my (nearly) 2yo right now.

benkatmama
09-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Thanks ladies! The kids and I are heading to TRU this evening and I will check out the green toy tea set and I am leaning towards legos for the 6 yr old.

Thanks again :wink2: