PDA

View Full Version : Need a cup for school...

hbridge
09-09-2009, 12:45 PM
So DC have started school and eat lunch there every day. I had the lunch situation all planned out with Camelbak "bite valve" cups with ice and juice as the beverage and as the "cooler" for the lunches. Well, DC now has ANOTHER set of loose teeth and can't drink from a "bite valve". Any ideas for a light weight refillable bottle that doesn't leak and can be worked by a child. The kicker is it can't be a toddler cup. I had a sigg style cup, but I know DC will never close the cover tight enough.

Any help would be greatly appreciative since I am at a total loss.

wendibird22
09-09-2009, 01:08 PM
What about a Nuby straw cup? They are BPA free and don't leak. The straw has a valve but you don't need to bite it to get the liquid to flow...just suck. I believe there are insulated versions as well.

http://www.nuby.com/products/cups/9637.aspx

maestramommy
09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Playtex has cups with valves that don't have a spout. Just a hole on one end, and you have to suck to get the water out. I think they are insulated as well. We have them for nighttime, and they are great for not leaking.

hbridge
09-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Both of these are great suggestions, thank you for your replies. We've used both of these before, but this is for an older child and are considered "baby cups" in our house. I'm looking more for an adult style or one a second grader wouldn't mind taking to school.

Percycat
09-09-2009, 02:17 PM
What about Contigo?

http://www.gocontigo.com/

My kids love these. I bought them at costo, but the website lists a lot of retailers.

hbridge
09-09-2009, 02:27 PM
We have a contigo cup. DC LOVE it and I want so much to love it as well. We use it for water at night time, but it leaks all over the place. It's fine for water, but for juice in a lunchbox I don't even want to think about the mess... Am I doing something wrong?

ett
09-09-2009, 02:41 PM
What about the Thermos foogo straw cup? DS1 used those in K all last year. It's not as light as the plastic cups though.

egoldber
09-09-2009, 03:22 PM
I use the Rubbermaid Littlerless juice boxes for both my kids for lunch.