PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Titan Elite ??

lady bug
09-09-2009, 01:37 PM
I am just wondering why most people here suggest staying away from the Evenflo Titan Elite? From everything I have seen it has a high safety rating and a good comfort level for the child.

So what's your reasoning?

AnnieW625
09-09-2009, 01:55 PM
We looked at it in 06 and liked the overall feel of the Triumph 5 better. I don't think it's a bad seat, but the Triumph Advance seems more padded. I think it would be one step up from the Scenera for everday use.

o_mom
09-09-2009, 03:45 PM
The top slots are really low. The 50 lb weight limit is overkill as very few kids will even make 40 lbs in it. For full price ($99), it isn't going last as long as other choices in the same range. The Safety 1st Avenue is a much better choice for less ($75-80) and the Evenflo Triumph Advance is an even better choice for barely any more ($109 on sale).

Joolsplus2
09-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Yeah, as a small/second/light seat for a tiny car or if you travel by plane a lot, it's not too bad, nicer than a Scenera, I think. But for optimal safety you want a seat that can rearface kids to at least age 2, harness to at least age 5, and the Titan just doesn't do that (most kids outgrow it at around age 3).