PDA

View Full Version : Nicole Richie has son: Sparrow James Midnight Madden

Ceepa
09-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm really not a celebrity follower but the name Sparrow is kinda sweet I think. :duck:

From her Web site "In the middle of night, the very early hours of September 9, 2009, Sparrow James Midnight Madden was born to Nicole Richie and Joel Madden ... He weighs 7lbs 14oz. "

Her daughter is Harlow Winter Kate Madden. Her kids are 19 months apart. I'm tired just thinking of that.

niccig
09-09-2009, 04:16 PM
. Her kids are 19 months apart. I'm tired just thinking of that.

I would say there is some house help. If I had a full-time house keeper, cook, gardener etc I could do a lot of things.

elektra
09-09-2009, 04:16 PM
He has a cool birthday too. 09-09-09!

shoxie
09-09-2009, 04:30 PM
I would say there is some house help. If I had a full-time house keeper, cook, gardener etc I could do a lot of things.

:yeahthat: I've always had this fantasy as I'm sure many of us have... :)

JBaxter
09-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Im so glad eveyone is happy & healthy. Sparrow??? Not sure I care for that. I know she commented on breast feeding Harlow about how it wasnt as easy as she thought and she had to be on a special diet for Harlows sensitivities.

She has REALLY turned her life around :)

gatorsmom
09-09-2009, 04:43 PM
You know, I'm usually a traditional name type of gal, but I think I kinda like Sparrow. Not sure why, but it doesn't make me think of a bird.

I"m so happy for her. I read an article about her and she just so enjoyed being a mom for her first one and really took it seriously. Other celeb moms should take lessons from her......

Kitten007
09-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Her kids are 19 months apart. I'm tired just thinking of that.

Mine are 18 months apart....I am already tired for her......

Sparrow makes me think of Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean.....Johnny Depp....... now that is a good thought.

g-mama
09-09-2009, 05:13 PM
I kinda like Sparrow...but for a girl.

jgenie
09-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Sparrow makes me think of Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean.....Johnny Depp....... now that is a good thought.

:yeahthat:

Nooknookmom
09-09-2009, 05:29 PM

:yeahthat: not a bad mental image, lol!

Snow mom
09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Sparrow is the type of name DH would choose if left to his own devices. When I got his first list of name suggestions half of them were birds or had some bird meaning. I like both her kids names, but don't know if they go together.

arivecchi
09-09-2009, 05:49 PM
I like the name - cool and different.

fivi2
09-09-2009, 07:40 PM
I think Sparrow is cute, but a little too matchy with Harlow for my tastes. I could do without the added Winter or Midnight, though. Only one of the names should push the envelope for me...

But considering what other celebs have done, they are just fine!

MMMommy
09-09-2009, 07:55 PM
I like her daughter's name, Harlow, but I don't care for the name Sparrow too much. But congrats to her and Joel on their new arrival!

Tondi G
09-09-2009, 08:00 PM
I like her daughter's name, Harlow, but I don't care for the name Sparrow too much. But congrats to her and Joel on their new arrival!

My thoughts exactly!

Carrots
09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm not into the name "Sparrow". I am reading "Ahab's Wife" and there is a character named "Kit Sparrow" who goes insane. I think I am connecting the two. Also, "Midnight Madden" sounds too close to Midnight Madness.

However, I am happy everyone is happy and healthy.

Fairy
09-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Sparrow? Eh. But honestly, it could have been so much worse. Like Kal-El.

vludmilla
09-09-2009, 08:35 PM

Exactly. I know a woman with a nanny for each child and a live-in housekeeper. Yikes. That is a lot of help. I could do a lot with that too.

ourbabygirl
09-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I'm not crazy about her kids' names, either, but it's what most celebrities do these days, I guess. Harlow just reminds me of 'harlot,' and 'Sparrow' will have to be an artist or loner in high school because I can't imagine any sort of jock with that name!

DietCokeLover
09-09-2009, 09:56 PM

Mine are 11 months apart. I understand. But, think things would be very different if I had her wealth and probably her level of help.

Wish them well!

lchang25000
09-09-2009, 11:44 PM

catpagmo
09-10-2009, 11:29 AM
I can appreciate the originality of her kids names. However, I cannot imagine a grown man named Sparrow. A baby, yeah, it's cute. But a man? No.

I do love the rest of the name, though....James Midnight Madden, awesome.
Congrats to them!

Corie
09-10-2009, 11:32 AM
I can appreciate the originality of her kids names. However, I cannot imagine a grown man named Sparrow. A baby, yeah, it's cute. But a man? No.

I do love the rest of the name, though....James Midnight Madden, awesome.
Congrats to them!

I completely agree with you!!

catpagmo
09-10-2009, 12:12 PM
I completely agree with you!!

Great minds....lol!

frgsnlzrds
09-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Her kids are 19 months apart. I'm tired just thinking of that.

My kids are 19 months apart so she gets no pity from me! Not with all the help she can hire.

Sparrow's cute, but I kind of think that kid's gonna get picked on. Well, I guess he can always go hang out with Apple and Blanket.

NancyJ_redo
09-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Im so glad eveyone is happy & healthy. Sparrow??? Not sure I care for that. I know she commented on breast feeding Harlow about how it wasnt as easy as she thought and she had to be on a special diet for Harlows sensitivities.

She has REALLY turned her life around :)

My sister knows her and Joel in a professional capacity and said that every time she has met with them, she's found them to be incredibly kind and loving towards each other and Harlow. Same with Joel's twin brother, Benji - very into Harlow.

I've never really thought anything about Nicole one way or the other (well, I did previously question her taste in best friends), but after hearing about what a loving and seemingly-devoted mom she is, I thought she seemed kinda cool.