PDA

View Full Version : Internet Addiction- Have you cut back?

firsttimemama
09-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Wondering how people decided to cut back.

Every once in a while I think about sending the laptop to work with DH...

and then I start twitching so I quickly decide that's a bad idea..

niccig
09-10-2009, 12:38 AM
Twitch, what addiction, Twitch

I need to. I've got a tonne of things to do and DS is in school 5 days, so no excuse for why it's not done. That's helping a little, I feel guilty - DS working at school, DH working at office, and me surfing the BBB.

tiapam
09-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Did I miss something? Are we cutting back? I'm in. Off to do laundry. I even have a mother's helper right now and this is what I am doing. Pretend there is a smiley with bag over head here.

Tondi G
09-10-2009, 06:29 PM
yes I have. It feels good too. I helped my mom clean out a closet full of old stuff today and ran errands. Tomorrow I plan to work around my house some to get things in more order... maybe clean out my little guys drawers... too many old tshirts and shorts that need to get handed down to our friend!

I try to save my time for after we get home from school... the boys get some screen time and a snack and I get my screen time... which is almost up right now! LOL

jent
09-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Oh, so maybe I should close the computer and help DH clean up from dinner and put the trash/recycling out now. Thanks for the reminder.

jgenie
09-10-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm trying, but still need to work on it. :)

LarsMal
09-10-2009, 09:50 PM
I've been trying to cut back on my computer time, but some days are better than others. The kids have colds right now so we've been pretty lazy this week- more TV for them, more BBB for me! I've been trying not to turn the computer on at all. If it's on it's just way too easy to "check" on things- which always ends up being longer than I intended, even if I don't log in.

Baby steps, right?!