PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a 2nd carseat

jyllebean
09-10-2009, 12:41 AM
2.5 yo DD is in a MA FF. Carseat has been great so far. We are moving 6 mo DD into a convertible carseat and need to buy a new one. Thinking about just buying another marathon or RA50. Other options are Radian or a Regent for 2 yr old and put baby in her MA. WWYD?

Momof3Labs
09-10-2009, 04:05 AM
how big is your 2.5yo?

AnnieW625
09-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I would go with a RA 50 or a Britax BLVD or the Regent, or the Radian. Since the BLVD is often sale priced at the normal price of a Marathon and has better features like the headwings and the no rethread harness I'd go with that over the Marathon if you want to spend $279 or so on it. If you want to spend less than that then I would go with the RA because it's pretty much a lighter version of the Marathon with less features like no lockoffs, but we've had carseats before without lockoffs and it stills installs nice and tight.

jyllebean
09-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks. My 2.5 yo is about 30 lb and 37 inches tall. Do people like the radian?

WatchingThemGrow
09-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I'd get another MA. Here's why we did...

Same set of instructions, so it was easy to install, make sure we were doing it correctly all the time
Same cover - so we got a spare (can find them on CL sometimes, got mine on sale for $55) for cleaning, getting sick, potty accidents, etc. = lifesaver!
DD LOVES the MA

She sleeps in it during trips. She complains about the Radian every time she's in it (DH's car) She complains about the Nautilus (MIL's car) and says it is too hard. She LOVES her Marathon, so I'm not going to mess with it. She can use it until she outgrows it, and it will be nearly expired by that time, most likely.

How does your 2.5 yo feel about it?