PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, there is a RIGHT and WRONG camo print ...

Toba
09-10-2009, 01:05 AM
According to my son anyway. I'm so bummed. My only kid started kindergarden, so I wanted to get him a nice book bag and lunch bag ... and I'm anal so they have to match. He loves camo prints and I wanted to find something in colors that I usually dress him in (blues/browns). I found what I thought was a lovely one at LL Bean, which is where I wanted to get it from anyway because they have like the best retail return policy on Earth. I showed it to both my husband and son online and they both liked it. I even spring for the blue water bottle (which I was happily surprised was a Kleen Kanteen) with *engraving* to match. Oh, and embroidered book bag too (which is back ordered). The lunch bag and water bottle came today. He LOVES the water bottle. But the camo print is the WRONG kind of camo print. I didn't realize this was possible. It looks just like it did online, with maybe a little more green than brown, but still it's CAMO!! *sigh* And my husband agrees with him. I figured the clothing/accessory thing would be so much easier with a boy ....

andbabymakes3
09-10-2009, 02:23 AM
What is wrong with it? Just bought some camo pants from Boden for my 7-year old, and while not a big fan of the whole camo thing, I liked these for the different color (blue/tan type thing). What did DH and son say made it not good? Ours have not arrived yet...

MamaMolly
09-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I suspect this is something like having the wrong black shoes is for women. Even if you have 21 pairs. One of those things the opposite sex may never get...

Corie
09-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Since my husband is an avid hunter, I now know that yes, there is a right and wrong
kind of camo. :)

AnnieW625
09-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Another wife of a hunter here. Why don't you look through the catalog with your DH and DS and see which ones are right and let him choose. Cabelas, and Bass Pro Shops are starting to cater to kids too. Some of the stuff is down right tacky and funny to look at IMHO, but I am pretty sure that they keep nice camo backpacks/lunch boxes, etc.

I would have to agree that it doesn't look like camo if this is the one that you got:
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=62785&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&from=SR&feat=sr