PDA

View Full Version : Snugride 32 on a plane?

andbabymakes3
09-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Anybody know if the Snugride 32 will fit in a coach airline seat? I know it is wider than the original Snugride as we've discovered it doesn't fit on the upside-down high chair at restaurants due to the spots on the side where the carry bar attaches.

Thanks!

o_mom
09-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Yes, I have flown with it and I think Julie posted pictures of it on a plane as well. (fussy baby on lap or I'd search for you - try Safeseat in your search)

mom2binsd
09-10-2009, 08:34 PM
I think the seat should be fine on almost all airline seats, the bulkhead row which doesn't have a moving armrest is the only one that is a bit tricky but I've even had a Marathon in that row.

Inserting a little PSA here-

I'd be very careful using it at restaurants, I once saw a waitress with hot coffee collide with an upside down high chair with an infant seat....same reason not to put an infant seat on top of a shopping cart.

Many restaurants are not even allowing the upside down use anymore, and have either gone with the mesh sling or have the parent put the seat on the table/a bench if it's a booth.

HIU8
09-11-2009, 10:12 AM
It does fit on a coach seat. We fly spirit and jetblue. It fits really well on jetblue. On spirit we found it to be tight front to back, but still fit.

Piglet
09-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Def. search for SAfeseat - it for sure fits. We have flown with it a number of times. I want to second the PSA on the upside down highchair. It always looks so dangerous with the hustle and bustle of the restaurant and the carseat pretty precariously perched up there!

vonfirmath
09-11-2009, 12:55 PM
I never put the car seat on an upside down high chair -- didn't even know you could do that.

andbabymakes3
09-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks all! FYI, our favorite restaurant recently got the slings, which I much prefer!