PDA

View Full Version : Any good deals on Roundabout 50?

twowhat?
09-10-2009, 03:54 PM
One of my girls measured exactly 29 inches at her 12-month checkup yesterday. Goodbye infant seats:(

I was deciding between the True Fit and the RA50 but I'm leaning towards the RA50 because you can adjust the recline which would be great for long trips if we want to time it during the girls' naptime, and great for short trips to keep the seat more upright if it's not naptime so they are less likely to fall asleep in the car.

Any good deals on these out there? I'm partial to the pistachio color but really just need something light-colored since we get to deal with the texas sun.

Conors Dad
09-10-2009, 11:16 PM
The cheapest I have been able to find one is at babycatolog.com for 161.49 with free shipping. You need to use 5off code to get this price.
I am going to call diapers.com tomorrow to see if they will match this price and then give me an additional 10% for being a first time customer. I will post to let you know if they will do it.

o_mom
09-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Just to clarify for you, adjusting the relcline on the RA 50 requires uninstalling and reinstalling the seat, it is not a 'recline on the fly' type of mechanism. Also, while you can have it a bit more upright than 45 degrees when rear-facing, it is still pretty reclined and I'm not sure it would be enough to keep them awake. I have DS3 pretty upright and he still fell asleep in the car yesterday.

It's still a great seat and the deal posted above seems pretty good. :)

heatherandlouis
09-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Those are great seats and will keep your daughters rear facing for much longer. Also look into the Radian car seats. We have one and love it :)

crazydiamond
09-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Not a superdeal but I just got a RA 50 at 10% off at Albee Baby = $179 plus free shipping.

KarenLud
09-12-2009, 01:37 PM
I just got the RA50 from diapers.com for $169 (free shipping and no tax). I used EVERYTHING10 to get 10% off and I had a $10 off gc. If you are a first time customer try to get a referral code from an existing member there which will get you another $10 off. Plus there is another 10% off for your first order take10$. I got them from retailmenot.com GL!

ArizonaGirl
09-12-2009, 09:18 PM
I just got a pistachio (sp?) colored RA50 for 159.99 at Buy Buy Baby using a Bed Bath and Beyond 20% off coupon.

I have been very happy with it and he seems to think it is comfy.

HTH

GraceH
09-13-2009, 05:49 PM
One of my girls measured exactly 29 inches at her 12-month checkup yesterday. Goodbye infant seats:(

Just to be clear, you need to stop using the infant seats when they have an inch left of shell OR they reach the weight limit -- the 29" is merely a guesstimate based on average growth proportions -- see this wonderful thread for measuring pics: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=30201

k_null81
09-14-2009, 09:53 AM
meant to start my own post. Sorry! It's Monday.