PDA

View Full Version : Sigg exchange at Whole Foods

cicada
09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Not sure whether people know this or not, but you can take your old Siggs to a Whole Foods for exchange instead of sending them back to the company. I just did it this afternoon. The selection was somewhat limited at my Whole Foods, but to me it was worth not having to deal with the mailing/waiting to hear back hassle.

vludmilla
09-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Wow. This is great. Thanks for sharing!

hillview
09-10-2009, 10:14 PM
THANKS!!
/hillary

deannanb
09-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks!
I'll head over to whole foods tomorrow!

cdlamis
09-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks! I had heard about this but thought it was only Canadian Whole Foods.
I love all the wonderful companies who are coming to the aid of Sigg buyers (even if it is for their own gain down the road). Shame on Sigg!

Snow mom
09-10-2009, 10:52 PM
I finally found info on this online. In the US you can also exchange at Wegmans. I'm not sure if either store is requiring proof that you bought there. There is a large list of stores for exchange in Canada. You can see the list here (scroll down to the bottom) http://mysigg.com/bulletin/exchange_program.html

cicada
09-11-2009, 10:42 AM
At Whole Foods, I was not asked for proof that I had bought there. Who keeps proof of purchase for a bottle purchased over a year ago??

goldenpig
09-11-2009, 03:19 PM
I brought in my eight Sigg bottles (I kept the tops) to Whole Foods today and they gave me a refund, no receipt required. They must be getting a lot back because they had a sign at customer service listing all the prices of the different bottle sizes. I got the full purchase price back as a gift card! So happy because I have read that the new Sigg liner tends to chip/flake off easily so I want to switch to stainless steel (probably Klean Kanteen). They didn't have many water bottles in stock, a few Siggs and a few generic steel bottles. So I used the gift card for groceries instead. Yay Whole Foods!

cdlamis
09-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Thank you again for this tip! I returned 2 Siggs to Whole Foods today and got a $42 WF gift card- no questions asked. The cashier said that Sigg is paying them for all returned bottles. Again, good for WF, boo to Sigg!

bonbon98
09-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Good to know!!

Did you keep your tops, or did you return them with the bottle?

cdlamis
09-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I returned them with the tops on, because I forgot that I could keep them. Personally, I don't trust Sigg anyway and am not sure I would even use the tops. Plus, I don't know if they fit on our Klean Kanteens.

maydaymommy
09-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Mine are from Wegmans. Has anyone tried to return there yet?

jerigirl
09-14-2009, 06:43 PM
I returned them with the tops on, because I forgot that I could keep them. Personally, I don't trust Sigg anyway and am not sure I would even use the tops. Plus, I don't know if they fit on our Klean Kanteens.

You can keep your tops but they do not fit on the KKs so I am not sure what to do with them.

Jo..
09-14-2009, 08:26 PM
I didn't know about this, ty OP. I went in to WF and asked if they were participating, because there weren't any signs or anything. They told me I could exchange for new Sigg, Kleen Kanteen, or just get a refund (no receipt). I wound up getting a cute Crocodile Creek bottle for DS and used the extra money towards my grocery purchase.

caheinz
09-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Hmmm . I stopped in a Whole Foods this evening (Naperville, IL), and they'll only allow exchanges for new Siggs.... Snuck in under the wire for the SoftLandings coupon, so they're in the mail.

blisstwins
09-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Whole Foods has been awesome about this--really, they earned a lot of goodwill from me. I returned 7 bottles yesterday. Mine said I could exchange only for the new Siggs. I said I would not return at all because I do not want new Siggs since I don't trust the company and gave the manager zrecommends.com and this website to check out so they would not think I was crazy. I was totally calm, just disappointed. The manager then stopped me as I was turning around and said I could have a store credit because they believe they should stand by what the sell and that Siggs actions sounded horrible.

Sigg needs to fire their CEO, do some serious damage control, and disclose what the heck is in their new liner. I love their designs and bottles--LOVE THEM. But I cannot buy from them now.