PDA

View Full Version : Question on Rash Guard shirts for girls

vball4all
09-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I picked up some long sleeve rash guard shirts at the Nautica outlet. They were $10 each...so I went ahead and got them while I was there. They are 2T...and my girls are 17 months and wearing 18m-ish clothes (they are long).

I tried the shirts on, and the sleeves are way long. On the smaller twin, the body is loose and even the sleeves are loose. On the slightly larger twin, the sleeves are tight (and the body not as loose).

Are they supposed to be tight or loose fitting? Are the arms supposed to be tight? I'm wondering if maybe these shirts are made oddly, or, if we just need a different size. (I've never bought this brand before either) We've only worn short sleeve rash guard style body suits. I had been looking at the short sleeve shirts at LE...but never got around to buying them.

Tondi G
09-11-2009, 11:54 AM
If they were surfing then they would want them tight. My kids hate wearing tight fitted anything so I always size up and they are loose on them.

deannanb
09-11-2009, 12:50 PM
if you are buying these for next summer, I'd keep the 2T - and not worry about them being too big - you can roll up the sleeves if they are too long -

I would be concerned if you can get them over the girl's heads - that was our problem - it fit perfectly everywhere - but the neck was very small to go over DS's head.

sewarsh
09-11-2009, 01:28 PM
ours fit snug but not tight. they can be a little baggy - i don't think that matters. the important thing is coverage from teh sun.

WatchingThemGrow
09-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Sometimes I find things at outlets or on sale that didn't sell because they were cut weird/ill fitting. I'm getting a lot pickier because of my experiences. My guess is that they just have a weird fit.

We loved our LE l/s rash guards this summer. I sized up and they fit my kids well enough that nobody who dressed them to go swimming had issues with the shirts. They were great. I grabbed them when LE had them on sale just before the season. You can go through ebates for another discount, then find a free shipping code which makes them much less than full price. AND they accept returns whenever at Sears.