PDA

View Full Version : Travel Guide Mike/Unofficial Guide

Cuckoomamma
09-11-2009, 03:58 PM
We're leaving for WDW on Sunday. I've spent the little time I've had to plan the trip since we decided we were going 4 weeks ago on trying to get ADRs. Now that those are taken care of for the most part, I need access to info on which rides to go to first, special shows/attractions (princesses in particular), anything I need to know to maximize our trip to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

Should I buy a subscription to Tour Guide Mike or purchase the Unofficial Guide? Our local libraries don't have a copy of the Guide I could check out. I'm so frazzled at this point just trying to get all of us ready to go!

Thanks!

rwagdivh
09-11-2009, 05:27 PM
I've never done Tour Guide Mike but I highly recommend the Unofficial Guide. We used it last October with complete success and will be using it again to plan our December trip. To keep it easy just buy a subscription to their website www.touringplans.com. ($8.95 for the year, I think!). They have complete printable touring plans for all the parks and all types of families (Parents w/young kids, tweens or both, 1 day or 2 day plans for the parks, late arrival plans, etc.). They also have cheat sheets based on their crowd calculator to tell you what rides to go on when, when to use FastPass and what to avoid. I think this would be the fastest way to complete your planning. Good luck and have a great trip.

JTsMom
09-11-2009, 06:27 PM
I used both last year, and I preferred TGM. If you go that route, just know that there is a ton of info that you do NOT need to read since you're short on time. On a lot of the pages, he gives info on what you absolutely need if you're short on time. And don't forget about the $3 off banner ad on disboard's Theme Parks page.

hillview
09-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I did ridemax for DL and will do it for WDW in the winter.
/hillary

clc053103
09-12-2009, 09:06 AM
i would go with the Unofficial Guide- simply because you can read it on the plane, since you are running out of time!

BTW we are leaving Sunday as well!!! Frantically packing as we speak!

Have a great trip!