PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Shows

Cuckoomamma
09-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Can you please give me feedback on what you thought of the 3 different dinner shows if you've attended them? The reviews I saw recommended the Hoop de Doo, then Spirit of Aloha and, finally, Mickey's Backyard Barbecue. Are any just not worth doing? We have the dining plan and would be using it to attend.

We have two girls, 8 and 4.

Thanks!

JTsMom
09-11-2009, 06:31 PM
We did HDDR for the first time last year, which seems to get the highest marks of the 3. We're doing it again this year if that tells you anything. :)

DS was 3.5, and while a tad young for it, he really liked it, and still talks about it. I probably wouldn't have done it again this year if it wasn't for him wanting to, but I did like it. It's kind of corny, but fun. The food is good but not great. It's kind of it's own adventure- kwim? We took the boat over on our arrival night, played for a while on the playground, did the show, and went back to the hotel and collapsed. It was like a whole day event.

Haven't done the other 2 yet, so no comments on those.

clc053103
09-12-2009, 09:11 AM
I've been to all 3.

Friends told me their daughters 3 and 5 LOVED Spirit of Aloha. That being said, it gets pretty bad reviews for food, and for adults, it's not as good as HDDR.

Chef Mickey's is chaotic. Sure, the kids can all run around but....the kids can all run around. It can be overwhelming. Also serves same food as HDDR but reviews aren't as good.

HDDR I think is your best bet- but I don't think I'd do it twice- simply b/c it's the same show, year after year- the show now is the same one I saw as a child! I also agree that going to Fort Wilderness is its own adventure- playground, rocking in the rockers, shopping- they even have campfire movies at night!