PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your Changing Pad

Claki
09-11-2009, 04:32 PM
I was deadset on getting the Cooshee Changer Pad, http://www.amazon.com/BabySmart-825250-Cooshee-Changer-Vanilla/dp/B0016C1C1W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1252701112&sr=8-5

but now that our furniture arrived it seems a little traditional for the modern look of the Cooshie. Plus I kind of want a changer that is red.

Now I don't know what route to go. What fabrics and materials do you prefer? I was thinking about buying the naked changing pad and then having my mom making me some red and blue changing pad covers out of terry cloth towels.

I welcome all suggestions.

Editing to add that this will go on top of of our combo dresser.

bigpassport
09-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Ummm...I recommend the Cooshee. I don't know how it is with girls, but I was washing two changing pad covers a day with all the pee that was flying with my DS during his first few weeks. I even posted here about how to control the peeing on the changing table. The Cooshee makes clean-up so easy.

WatchingThemGrow
09-11-2009, 07:57 PM
We have one that came with our YA changing station, so we had to make our own. My mom used some plush fleece and something harrier (but super soft) to make pocket/envelope/sham-like covers. They are great and blend in with our colors well.

For the times we have a 2nd changing station set up in our room, we use one of the contour ones and have flannel covers my SIL made. We sometimes use a burp cloth under "the area" if leaking seems to be a problem. I got this one at a consignment sale for $8.

Claki
09-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Thank you for your responses. It just occurred to me to measure our combo unit. We only have 30 inches of space! Ack! That eliminates the Cooshee at 33 inches.

This California Baby one is 30 inches... http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Sided-Changing-Pad-White/dp/B000KU5A9G/ref=pd_sbs_ba_1

GraceH
09-11-2009, 11:10 PM
I just used a basic contoured pad, without any cover -- just wipe it down with Lysol/Clorox wipes occasionally - sometimes (esp. in the winter and when he was younger), I did throw a cloth diaper down under DS, then just add to the wash when it gets dirty (a lot simpler and easier than a full cover)

scrooks
09-12-2009, 04:41 PM
I used a regular old contour pad with cover and do the same thing with cloth diapers....toss a diaper underneath her and then throw that in the wash versus washing the cover.