PDA

View Full Version : Petunia Pickle Bottom Chenille Fabric?

Krisrich
09-11-2009, 10:37 PM
So, I'm still trying to decide on a backpack diaper bag. I found a PPB one online for a good price but it's the chenille fabric. Very pretty, but I'm wondering how durable/heavy. Anybody seen this IRL? Thanks!

gatorsmom
09-11-2009, 10:51 PM
I had 2 PPB boxy backpacks. I loved them. They were very roomy and comfortable to wear. The inner linings were light colored and had nice organization pockets so I could find everything and I always got compliments. Mine were the silky brocade fabric. I imagine the chenille ones are alittle more durable and could hide spots better. Because finally, after 2 of them (in a 4 year period) I got tired of the fact that they were so hard to keep clean. They weren't delicate- in fact they held up really well being my only diaper bag for 2 years (I got a new one when I had Gator and a new one 2 years later for Cha Cha). But the fabric showed spots and couldn't be wiped off easily.

If you found a good price for one, I'd definitely buy it. They definitely do have their pros. And I always felt so trendy wearing mine. :boogie:

aajamu
09-13-2009, 12:39 AM
I had a chenille/velveteen one once and it looked like a retirement home sofa in the shape of a diaper bag. I loved the way it looked online, but it really felt like I was lugging a mini-couch around. And it seemed heavier than the brocade. I sent it back.

I've had great experiences with the brocade (JUST GET A DARKER COLOR!!!) and even better experiences with the glazed. Glazed are not as nice as brocade in terms of overall appearance, but they can take a serious beating and still look new.

My opinion? Spend an extra $20-$40 extra and get a print you love. Don't settle. Even $50 extra. If you really love it you won't look back with any regrets. I've purchased a glazed print at a huge discount but in the end, I didn't like it (it was Blue Danube - the high quantity of birds per square foot on that bag sort of freaked me out). Sold it back on ebay, thankfully didn't lose much $$. The other great thing about PPB bags is most of the more popular prints resell extremely well. Green Tea, Meadowlark, Songbird, Lava Roll, Tutu, and Honeysuckle are the prints I see on ebay a lot (almost always) and they are the only prints that don't seem to retain value as much as the other bags. Sparrows on the Sienne is the one glazed backpack that doesn't seem to sell well.

jenfromnj
09-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Just wanted to chime in to second the love for the glazed. I love my glazed PPB--I've used it every day for the past 6 months and it's taken a beating and still looks new. If you aren't in a huge rush to get the bag, the PPB website does an outlet sale every few months, and there are some really good deals to be had.