PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Honda CRV: Regent or Frontier w/ MA?

hellbennt
09-12-2009, 05:02 PM
I have a 2003 Honda CRV currently w/ two MAs: one MA is RF and staying that way for a bit...

the other MA is just about expired, although ds1 hasn't outgrown it yet...
but, of course Britax is on sale at Target w/ free shipping and an extra 10% off via AAA...

so the question is: do I go for a Regent? ds1 is in a Regent in dh's car and we love it...but will it take up too much room in the CRV? Right now w/ the two MAs another (small-ish) person can squeeze in b/t the 2 seats and sit there...will it make any difference w/ the Regent or the Frontier, as far as there being any room b/t the 2 seats?

I'm leaning towards the Regent, because it's what we 'know' and like...but others really like their Frontiers!

thoughts?
TIA,
~laura

hellbennt
09-19-2009, 03:37 PM
ok, remember the thread where someone asked if you ever feel there are folks here who don't like you? LOL?

just kidding;):tongue5:.

but really: MA and Frontier or
MA or Regent in Honda CRV 2003?

TIA
~laura

GraceH
09-19-2009, 03:51 PM
I would lean Frontier b/c you may want to take out the harness and do some booster training in a year or so without actually purchasing a booster... unless you can get an awesome deal on a Regent (aren't they being discontinued), for the same price, I would choose Frontier.
BTW, I'm not sure the Target deal is really that great of a deal... I would see if you can make it to the next Britax sale when Frontiers are $229.

GraceH
09-19-2009, 03:55 PM
BTW, I'm not sure the Target deal is really that great of a deal... I would see if you can make it to the next Britax sale when Frontiers are $229.

Deals are always out there - don't feel pressured to jump now...
http://www.babyage.com/products/e9b54e7_britax_britax_frontier_combination_harness-2_booster.htm?cp=goog68883&utm_source=goog&utm_medium=Default&utm_campaign=68883

GraceH
09-20-2009, 12:57 AM
The Regent in Sahara is on Amazon for $168.35 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018CELO0?ie=UTF8&tag=babycheap-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0018CELO0

hellbennt
09-20-2009, 08:20 AM
thanks! I have to go back & look- I can't remember how good of a booster the frontier is?
and, as far as the Regents being discontinued:
I'm not sure it matters? aren't they 'good' for six years?

o_mom
09-20-2009, 08:27 AM
The Frontier is an excellent booster. It is the tallest booter available right now and really seems to fit well.

On the expiration point - the Frontier will last 9 years, the Regent 6 years from date of manufacture. However, the Regent is discontinued and I'm not sure when the last time they made them was. I would guess it was at least a year ago, so take a year off the Regent making it 5 vs 9 years.

hellbennt
09-20-2009, 08:39 AM
thanks! :thumbsup:

bubbaray
09-20-2009, 11:29 AM
If you already own a Regent, the best way to find out if it will fit in your CRV is to try it out, KWIM?

I would go with a FR over a RG personally. but if you like the RG and it fits well in your vehicle, there is no real downside other than it d/n convert to a booster and IIRC it has a shorter "shelf" life than the FR (which is a 9yr expiry).