PDA

View Full Version : Dimples- born with 'em?

Veronica's Mommy
09-12-2009, 05:39 PM
I've lately been noticing that DS has dimples. They're cute but not that pronounced. Will they get deeper/ more noticeable as he grows or is it something that stays the same? Does that make sense? Just curious...

clb
09-12-2009, 06:34 PM
DS has one on each cheek. One side is deeper/ more noticeable than the other. It is how I can tell the difference between his genuine smile and a fake one. He has too be very happy to see the second one.

I haven't noticed any difference in them since he was born, but he is only 2 now.

elliput
09-12-2009, 06:52 PM
My DS has always had major dimples- as a friend said we could store loose change in them.

BabyMine
09-12-2009, 08:01 PM
DS2 has only 1 dimple. Maybe the other one will come later.

ha98ed14
09-12-2009, 08:48 PM
DS has one on each cheek. One side is deeper/ more noticeable than the other. It is how I can tell the difference between his genuine smile and a fake one. He has too be very happy to see the second one.

I haven't noticed any difference in them since he was born, but he is only 2 now.

This is me to a T. They were milder when I was little and became more noticeable as I got older. But I have chubby cheeks :D

Corie
09-12-2009, 08:53 PM

You just described my son as well. :)

Everyone comments on his dimples.

mecawa
09-12-2009, 09:45 PM
DD1 had dimples and i think they got a little deeper as she got older. I didn't notice them as much (were not as pronounced) when she was under a year, and then they seemed to get more pronounced (or maybe I just noticed them more) around 18 months. She is now 5 and they look the same as they did when she was around 18 months.

DrSally
09-12-2009, 11:29 PM
my ds has always had major dimples- as a friend said we could store loose change in them.

:rotflmao:

happymom
09-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I love dimples! Just had to say that :)

goldenpig
09-12-2009, 11:35 PM
I have two. My husband has none. So naturally, my daughter has one. :) We noticed it the day she was born and it has gotten a little deeper as she gets older, but still only when she smiles.

kijip
09-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I grew out of mine. There are hints that I had them if I have a really good laugh, but they are not there like they used to be.

MontrealMum
09-12-2009, 11:48 PM
I don't know if they can develop as a child ages or not, all I can say is that DS was born with three. Two in his cheeks, from me, and one in his chin, from DH (though that's recessive, so it's from me too, I guess!). The ones in his cheeks are more pronounced when he smiles, but there are still hints when he is not smiling. I don't know that they're going to get any deeper or not as the ones he has when he smiles look just like mine do now. I also have chubby cheeks :) I think dimples in the chin may deepen over time. Looking at pictures of my mom hers did not seem to be as marked when she was a child as it is as an adult.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
09-13-2009, 02:46 AM
DS2 has only 1 dimple. Maybe the other one will come later.

Our DD, too. DH says the other is on layaway....