PDA

View Full Version : We got SECOND!!!

MMEand1
09-12-2009, 06:23 PM
I did a Triathlon relay this morning with two guys I work with. It was the first time we have participated as a team, although each of us has done a relay or two in the past. It was also my first experience with a multi-sport event as I have only participated in running events in the past.

It has been very rainy this past week (not a bad thing since we have been in the worst drought restriction that there is) and the rain continued this morning. I opted to do the run as one of the guys said that he did not have the knees for running and the other one just bought a fancy Tri bike. It rained and rained and rained all morning and made for a very MUDDY run through the woods!

Well, I just looked at the website and it looks like we ended up with 2nd place! I am so excited because I was so worried about letting the team down. I have not been training like I should have been and due to extreme temperatures, my motivation has been waning quite a bit! I don't have very good pictures from the event, but I am including the team picture that we took after the race was over.

We plan on doing more events as a team and I do believe that one of the guys has already started looking for the next race!

jgenie
09-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Congratulations!!! :cheerleader1::cheerleader1:

trentsmom
09-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Congratulations! And if you hadn't said that pix was from after the race, I would have thought it was before! None of you looks winded at all.

shawnandangel
09-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Awesome! Congratulations!

StantonHyde
09-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Whoo hoo!! You need to gloat about that at work--you deserve all the congrats you can get!

I think it would be fun to do a relay--the team part is fun and you only have to do 1/3rd of the work!

dcmom2b3
09-12-2009, 08:27 PM
That's an awesome achievement in my book. Congrats!!:cheerleader1::cheerleader1:

wendmatt
09-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Congratulations, that is awesome.

MamaMolly
09-12-2009, 10:05 PM
:yay: great job! That is so cool!

kijip
09-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Congrats! Good luck with future events.