PDA

View Full Version : Best Twin Glider

suddenlyseeingtwo
09-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Thank you all for the help in setting up my nursery!! I've never stepped foot into a baby store, and I'm expecting twins and on strict bedrest for at least another 11 weeks until the little ones arrive!

I'm looking into gliders for the nursery, and I hope to be able to breastfeed them, so I want a glider that will best accomadate all of us; and the easy2nurse pillow (if thats a goodie??), I've looked into some big gliders and such but would LOVE any suggestions you may have.

Thank you so much:-)

Momof3Labs
09-14-2009, 09:21 AM
When nursing twins, you need a "staging area" where you can set baby #2 while #1 is getting set up. This means more of a loveseat or couch-sized spot, versus any single-wide (even a very wide one) glider. So, if you can't envision two adults sitting side by side on the glider, it's probably not wide enough for nursing twins IMO.

BeachBum
09-14-2009, 09:23 AM
We have the Little Castle (brand) chair and a half glider. We really do love it, and I'm so glad I got this (instead of regular size). I use the EZ to nurse pillow and we all fit well in the chair. I really prefer nursing there instead of the real couch or the bed.
http://www.csnsofas.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=EJ1012&refid=FR41-EJ1012
We got a blue micro-suade material and it is holding up well.

HTH

twowhat?
09-14-2009, 09:25 AM
I used a chair-and-a-half (a bit smaller than a loveseat so it fit better in our tiny nursery), and a nursing stool. Worked great to accomodate the EZ-2-nurse pillow. I didn't use a rocker or glider...didn't seem to really need it. Now I'm kinda glad I don't have one because as the girls have gotten older, they like to play around on the chair for a little after they finish nursing, use it to practice standing up, etc. If you get a rocker, it's gotta be really wide...I have a huge Lazyboy rocker that would NOT accomodate the nursing pillow but WOULD work great for just holding both babies and rocking.

amymc72
09-25-2009, 12:16 PM
I received my Little Castle chair and a half glider in August - my twins were born 9/1/09, so we haven't quite used it a month, but I already LOVE it. It's easy to have one baby in the Boppy next to me while I'm feeding the other - I also have a four-year-old and a two-year-old, and there's enough room to have one of them sit with us as well. Or one baby and two toddlers. Great chair!