PDA

View Full Version : Convertable Help Please

ktcpht
09-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Hi,

My little guy HATES to be in the car and we are wondering if maybe a change in car seat might help him be a little happier. He is currently in a Snugride 32 and doesn't mind it much if it is snapped in the stroller frame for quick errands, but in the car he is not happy in it at all. We were hoping to stay in the Snugride for a while longer, but I will do anything to try to help him not scream bloody murder. And since we had to buy one anyway at some point...

He is 15 pounds and 26 3/4 inches. We have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer. He will be riding outboard as we have his big sister in the back as well. Looking for something that will rear face as long as possible, have tall top slots, and will be comfortable for him. And of course it would have to fit him well now. :)

Any suggestions? We are open to a Britax but would also like to consider some of the slightly lower priced options since Grandma will be buying.

Thank you so much!!!!

lorinick
09-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Many children hate the bucket/ infant seat. They usually like the conv. seat much better.

The Britax seat are all great. you can find deals if you really want one. A MA you can usually find for 180 or less.

The RA50 is another great choice as well as the Graco MYRide rf until 40lb, the Evenflo triumph adv. and the First Years True Fit all great choices.

All seats have high top slots and high shells. I love the way the Britax seat install the best.

Piglet
09-13-2009, 01:06 AM
Hmmm... I am curious what would cause him to hate it in the car but like it in the stroller. That makes me think it is the angle in the car or the sun in his eyes or some car specific issue (too hot, too cold, etc.) not the seat. My DS1 hated the carseat in the car and out of the car, so when we moved him to a convertible he got much happier. If he likes the seat out of the car I would first try to fiddle with the car configuration. Maybe try swapping sides with DD. Maybe try more sunshades. Maybe check the angle to make sure it is not too reclined. Maybe check how the vents are angles to make sure he is getting the right temp. It could also be that he is just not a fan of the car. I would just hate to see you buy a convertible, start eating into the lifespan and not get any real improvment on the car trips, yk?

AnnieW625
09-13-2009, 01:16 AM
DD didn't mind her Graco Snugride 22 at all. She stayed in that seat until she was 7 mos. old. She didn't mind her Britax Marathon until about 14 mos. old and then spent the next 14 mos. or so pitching a fit everytime I put her in it. She had an Evenflo Triumph 5 (now the Triumph Advance) in DH's car and never once complained about the seat. There were days where I was soo tempted to go out and buy the Triumph Advance for her (the T5 had been disc. by then) but I said "no way, I spent $279 on that darn Marathon and I am getting my monies worth out of!" . I haven't used the EFTA in real life so I can't really judge it, but we were really happy with the seat and we loved that everything was self contained, and the harness knobs are great. If I had to buy another Britax today I would most likely buy the BLVD, which you can get for around $279 from a number of different vendors in nice gender neutral prints and you get extra side impact wings, and a no rethread harness.

If you want to keep it under $200 then also look at the Britax Roundabout 50 or the The First Years True Fit.

Good luck!