PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Large Diaper Bag -- 2 under 1!

SuziN
09-13-2009, 09:35 AM
We have a 9 month old son and are expecting his sibling soon. Have used and love the DadGear Messenger Bag for our son but it won't be big enough for EVERYTHING 2 kids need. Especially since I'll be using it for a LONG time! ;) Need your suggestions...

Would prefer a messenger style over the shoulder and not a backpack, but would love to hear your suggestions no matter. We have bought the Baby Jogger City Mini Double stroller, so any bag that works well with that would be great to hear about as well!

Thanks!

jenfromnj
09-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I only have 1 child so far, but my sister has 2 under 18 months and really likes her Fleurville Mothership. She also has a double Baby Jogger, though I think it's the classic.

FWIW, my sis and 1 were "2 under 1" (10.5 months apart--both born in the same year, our first Christmas was the same year, etc) and it was the best thing ever--to this day we are best friends.

ETA: Fleurville has a couple of them as seconds right now for $40 or less on fleurville.com

hellokitty
09-14-2009, 06:57 PM
The first thing off the top of my head would be the Lands End Do-it-all bag. I think it has changed in design in the past few yrs, but the version I have (about 6 yrs old) is fantastic and I take it with us when we traveled with 2 kids and it did great. It's not a messenger style though, so don't know if that automatically rules it out. Personally for me, I have to use backpacks 2+ kids, b/c I need my hands and hips free...

aajamu
09-14-2009, 11:29 PM
If you want large, I'd go for a Lexie Barnes Superstar. It's big but not overwhelming. No longer in production, but occasionally on ebay. Very well organized, spacious, wipe-clean, non-babyish prints, well made, last forever, etc... I loved mine but finally don't need a bag that big. It's super comfy in messenger configuration, and OK as a shoulder bag as long as it is not too packed up.

In terms of larger bags, other options might be the Skip Hop Studio (they are coming out with a dot print, so stay tuned if the solids don't float your boat), Storksak Jess, or a Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpack (a personal all-time favorite, up there with the LB Superstar). All are very well organized, roomy, and stand the test of time.

MamaKath
09-15-2009, 08:01 PM
I loved having hands free to chase and found messengers okay and backpacks great. Check out the Timbuk2 backpacks, you can custom design one. If you go with a backpack, I love love love my Baby Sherpas (regular and shorthaul).