PDA

View Full Version : Target Up & Up

cindys
09-13-2009, 10:21 AM
I have gotten some coupons in the mail and from magazines and wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand...

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...18, 3 & 10mos:love-retry::love-retry::love-retry:

elliput
09-13-2009, 10:24 AM
For the most part it is the same ol' Target stuff- they have just rebranded.

DrSally
09-13-2009, 10:49 AM
For the most part it is the same ol' Target stuff- they have just rebranded.

:yeahthat:

twowhat?
09-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Where are people getting these coupons?? I get the Target Baby mailer but haven't gotten anything else! I really like the Up & Up diapers...they aren't quite as soft as others but the wide waistband is really nice.

amldaley
09-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Yep - So far, we have tried paper towels (I am FAITHFUL to Target brand white paper towels) and a body soap and they have been identical to Target's generic line, just new packaging. I guess the needed a name to prove they were on the "up and up"...give it some legitimacy :)

Lots of Target brands are the real deal just rebranded. Target doesn't manufacture anything themselves. The 35 mm film they used to sell was Fuji. Their paper towels are Brawny.

cindys
09-13-2009, 11:04 AM
I have never tried any Target brands of anything so I was wondering what people like and if its worth trying.

I did get one coupon out of the current issue of Real Simple.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...18, 3 & 10mos:love-retry::love-retry::love-retry:

doggiemom
09-13-2009, 11:17 AM
I had been a pampers purist - this is my 3rd baby and have had no problems with the up and up diapers.

mjmamma
09-13-2009, 01:17 PM
I *love* the Up & Up scented baby wipes. They are not as heavily scented as Pampers Wipes but thick and soft..not flat like the Huggies Wipes...I do recommend if you think these sound good.

let73
09-13-2009, 01:48 PM
We use a lot of Target brand items. Storage bags(Ziploc),aluminum foil,soaps,paper towels, trash bags, OTC meds etc and have always been impressed. We used Target brand diapers for daycare/daytime. I liked the fact that they were unscented. (We did need to use Huggies Overnites at night). But, we still saved money by doing this. Also, I really liked the Target Unscented Wipes.

tbeskildsen
09-13-2009, 02:16 PM
I am really picky - too picky sometimes. I have a tendency to spend way too much on baby products...I am addicted to Mustela, Neutrogena, and even Paul Mitchell Kids Shampoo! But, with twins in diapers, the pampers were out of control. I tried the up&up diapers on a whim one day and I LOVE them. With the deal at target.com right now -- free shipping and discounts when you buy more, they are something like $.10 a diaper. Totally worth it...Now, if I could only get myself to try cheaper lotions, cleansers, sunblock, and shampoo!!

kellybelly0513
09-13-2009, 04:03 PM
I have tried a lot of the Target brand products too and have always been happy with them. The exception was one box of trash bags that were messed up- the top of the bags were not sealed around the edge, so the drawstring on the bag just fell right off of them. I just got a bad box. Besides that I have always been happy with the products.

all together ooky
09-15-2009, 03:32 PM
I buy a lot of Up & Up stuff. I like the diapers (I usually use cloth though), they do run a little larger so be sure to check the weights on the package -like the 3s fit really well but I get the 4s for overnight.
I haven't had any complaints about their products. The spray sunblock works well and sprays nicely.

applebutter
09-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Meh on the Up & Up diapers. They are better than Luvs, but I prefer Pampers and Huggies for home use (I'd go w/the U&U for daycare though).

My beef is that they are so rigid, I can't always tell when DS is wet enough to be changed, because even when they are mostly dry, they have that thick/hard feeling of being soaked.

Also, they run small, or at least the size 1's do. DS was ready to size up to 2's when he hit 10 lbs (he's almost 11 lbs now, and I'm trying to use up all the U&U's as quickly as I can during the day, since they barely fit him right now, and forget about it at night time). HTH!

MmeSunny
09-16-2009, 09:00 PM
ITA that they run small. Almost a whole size small. Also, there is NO stretch at the waist on either section at all--just on the waist tabs. I feel like they might leak a poo at any time.

I LOVED the previous target dipes, they are what we used until the huge Walgreens sale--which we JUST ran out of--in time to buy these crappy U&U dipes. Ugh.

I am really dissapointed in Target. I am a slave to target. My lover has done me wrong. :shake:

DietCokeLover
09-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Their paper towels are Brawny.

I didn't know that! So good to know.

ahrimie
09-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Their paper towels are Brawny.

Really?? I bought it last time and thought they were really rough :( I used to buy Brawny and it was so much softer IMO.

diegosmom
09-17-2009, 10:45 AM
I used to be a name brand snob with everything, to the point that I only bought shampoo in the salon. With the economic situation and the addition of a new baby I have changed my ways and I really like the UP and UP brand. I now use it for just about everything from laundry detergent, to wipes, to carpet cleaner, sunscreen, shampoo, etc... you get the picture. I do still use pampers and night but at the daycare the UP and UPs work great and with the lower cost it adds up at the end of each month.