PDA

View Full Version : What type of carseat was this?

HIU8
09-14-2009, 10:47 AM
There was a show on last night about a 16 yr old girl who stopped growing/developing around age 1 (I think her name was Brooke). She lives in Baltimore with her parents and 3 other sisters. Her parents had her in a carseat, but it looked as though it was leather. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what it was (just curious).

Joolsplus2
09-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Leather was popular a few years back... either the Eddie Bauer Cosco High Back Booster or the Maxi Cosi Priori or the Evenflo Medallion. All are long expired, though, the trend was popular from like 98-03 (then I guess people realized it was neat looking, but a bit sweaty...). Unless it was a Vinyl Radian...?

HIU8
09-14-2009, 10:58 AM
I basically saw the side/back of the carseat (not a front on view). I was just curious as to whether it was some sort of a specialized seat or something that the masses would have.

lorinick
09-14-2009, 03:26 PM
I basically saw the side/back of the carseat (not a front on view). I was just curious as to whether it was some sort of a specialized seat or something that the masses would have.

I've seen that show but never saw them in the car. When is that show on and what network? I have not seen it in a while.

HIU8
09-14-2009, 04:37 PM
It was last night on TLC or discovery (can't remember which one). The scene of getting into the car was very short and near the end.

mom2binsd
09-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I have a feeling it was an old seat....she wasn't particularly well fitted to the seat and she should be rearfacing at her size.....I saw the show about them about 2 months ago, how they struggle to find age appropriate clothes etc, it is so difficult, but they should really have her in an appropriate seat.

bubbaray
09-14-2009, 09:44 PM
I thought the benefits for RFg were not due to size per se, but development -- calcification of the bones, strength of the surrounding muscles.

I have seen a show about a girl named Kennedie which is similar. I don't know enough about the condition, but if the bones harden on schedule (but stop growing) and the muscles are strong per development, then based solely on size, a 16yo who is the size of a 1yo d/n need to be RFg.

JMHO.

catsnkid
09-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Kennedie has a certain kind of dwarfism and others with the condition seem to mature physically and mentally. This girl stays at 6 months developmentally. I have to say, I didn't see the show, but read the article in people.

HIU8
09-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah, It didn't even occur to me that maybe she should be RF. The show didn't go into her skeletal development at all other than the fact that she uses a walker that is 4 sided that she sits in to move around.