PDA

View Full Version : Mavala stop for thumbsucking

twowhat?
09-14-2009, 11:48 AM
One of my girls is a hard core thumbsucker. She has a neck tilt (torticollis) because of it. No amount of neck stretching will fix it unless she stops sucking her thumb...so...

has anyone had experience using Mavala stop? The thing I'm afraid of is that it doesn't come off easily. I would ideally like to get her to stop sucking during the day, but let her still have her thumb at night because she relies heavily on it to put herself back to sleep. Or should I just use it and deal with potential night wakenings and get her to stop sucking her thumb at all times? She's 12 months old. I'm also afraid she'll taste it when eating and it will turn her off of some foods. She is already a super picky eater. Help!

pinkmomagain
09-14-2009, 12:07 PM
I used it for my dd2. I think it helped (it's hard to remember). In my opinion, if you really want her to stop thumbsucking, it should be all or nothing. But I totally get not wanting to be awakened several times a night, LOL!

da7055
08-23-2012, 06:54 AM
I would advise you not to use mavala stop as it isn't recommended for childer under the age of four. From what I have read on the internet, it tastes pretty bad.

chays
08-23-2012, 08:02 AM
We used the thumbguard from one step ahead. It may be for older kids, though. I used it on my 2 year old and it was perfect. I would do all or nothing, though.

AngelaS
08-23-2012, 08:24 AM
I used Mavala stop on my dd when she was four. It worked. I had to use it on all her fingers tho, as she decided any of them would work in a pinch.