PDA

View Full Version : Booster for almost 5yo

megv
09-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Struggling with a seat for DS1. He is just reaching 40lbs and ~41 inches. I have a dilemma on my hands...I need to fit 3 seats in the car for preschool pick-up and drop-off in either my 05 MDX or an 07 4Runnner.

In the MDX, I have 2 RF MAs in the middle row. I had to put DS1 in the 3rd row in his Frontier, but there is not enough room for his legs to hang down and his feet are falling asleep. It is also extremely difficult to get him in/out of seat, especially in car line at preschool.

I don't want to move him to a booster on a regular basis, as he is very active and I dont want him riding with the booster/seatbelt in my car. I also dont want to be taking the FN in/out multiple times per week.

So the alternative is to buy a new seat to fit in my sisters 4Runner. She will be picking up/dropping off 2 days/week and will have my DN with her. I already tried to fit the Frontier and/or the Graco Nautilius with the 2 MAs in her car, and that would not work.

So any sugguestions for a high-back booster that would fit btwn 2 RF MAs in a 4Runner? Or is there a different scenario that I missed?

Unfortunately the alternative is to buy a minivan to fit all 3 seats, and I am not mentally prepared for that!

Piglet
09-14-2009, 03:53 PM
The booster will be a total PITB to buckle in any 3-across. You might want to check out the Radian - it is a good tall seat and will puzzle together with the MA's quite well. I used to have it in a 3-across in a 2000 Mazda Protege (with a MA on one side and a Parkway on the other - hated the Parkway due to the knuckle scraping though!).